Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im on the trip to new york from logan.
If this gentlemen dont tip me i ****t will see how it goes after i drop him still 1:30 left

Attachments

·
Banned
658 Posts
If this gentlemen dont tip me i &%[email protected]!*t will see how it goes after i drop him still 1:30 left
Wow, u can't b serious!! Dude better hustle up otherwise u might stuck in New York for couple of days . From Logan to New York; uber estimate $327 and subtract 20% uber commission so that's roughly $260 u take home . Logan to new York round trip is 380 miles and time is 7 hours. Well my numbers could b little off but that's bad if he doesn't tip u.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Already started snowing here in NY and I live 10 min from La Guardia Airport. It's going to start snowing about 2"/hr after 2AM
Best of luck and drive safe.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wow, u can't b serious!! Dude better hustle up otherwise u might stuck in New York for couple of days . From Logan to New York; uber estimate $327 and subtract 20% uber commission so that's roughly $260 u take home . Logan to new York round trip is 380 miles and time is 7 hours. Well my numbers could b little off but that's bad if he doesn't tip u.
Absolute waste of time will work out to not even $0.60 per mile after round trip and cannot pick up in NYC plus snow storm coming. Also that $327 includes tolls and Uber mark up. Based on miles and 3.5 hours to get there will be approx $230 after Uber fee not inc small toll profits.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Absolute waste of time will work out to not even $0.60 per mile after round trip and cannot pick up in NYC plus snow storm coming. Also that $327 includes tolls and Uber mark up. Based on miles and 3.5 hours to get there will be approx $230 after Uber fee not inc small toll profits.
And with his mileage write off he'll be doing it tax free and then some.

Do one trip when you get back in the area and you can write off the return miles

·
Registered
123 Posts
If this gentlemen dont tip me i &%[email protected]!*t will see how it goes after i drop him still 1:30 left
Good luck

Uber policy on long trips is pretty good

https://help.uber.com/h/1ef22eda-5402-43ab-966e-c70f35f21a17

The key factor to note is the last line regarding long trips

"You should receive this trip request with the option to accept. It's good practice to discuss this with your rider."

So next time discuss with the rider.. tell him this is a really long trip and I would like to be tipped accordingly.. say $50.. if he says no.. well as Uber policy says you have the option to accept or reject. If the pax complains you can refer to Uber's own policy.. that's why they say to discuss.. discuss what??/

..exactly.. your tip!!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
If I got a NYC request i'd drop the rider off at the Sturbridge rest stop and ask him to request a new driver, unless of course he wanted to give me a big tip or if it was surging.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Screw hoping for a tip. Negotiate a special rate through Uber. I wouldn't make the trip for any less than $500 in good weather. In a snowstorm, tell him $750 take it or leave it.
He posted that @9:54PM and was about 1:30 away from NY, most likely he is here now and thank goodness it stopped snowing.
Anyways, best of luck driving back home...you should be fine since most of the heavy snow is moving in the morning. Also, hope you got a nice tip.

·
Registered
804 Posts
He posted that @9:54PM and was about 1:30 away from NY, most likely he is here now and thank goodness it stopped snowing.
Anyways, best of luck driving back home...you should be fine since most of the heavy snow is moving in the morning. Also, hope you got a nice tip.
Doesn't matter. Point still remains that Uber rates are too cheap for the job. He's gonna drive close to 500 miles R/T. My philosophy is that you should get at least $1/mile out of Ubering. The way the IRS accepts mileage deductions means that he won't be able to write off most of those return home deadheading miles so it's even more important to get paid. I think it's close enough to the snowstorm to justify the higher rate. Those time estimates aren't in stone - getting in and out of NYC is no duckwalk. Could take a lot longer than indicated. Especially since there might be a lot of traffic the same way with other people also trying to get ahead of the storm...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts