Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should I opt in? hahahaha

• Sure, I'd love to waste an hour of my time for one person's food

• Completely ignore this request

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
If your area has boosts and you have the flexibility to be selective, it can be worth your time in small batches. Yesterday I did 4 deliveries, drove 46.3 miles (total, not just with a request), earned $44.51 + $10 tips. I've done less than 15 deliveries. Majority have had boosts. Definitely not worthwhile without it.

Might not be ideal for some, but if it's boosting over 1.5x it can be as good if not better than giving rides in my area as it usually only surges on the weekends.

Base fare deliveries? You're going to have a bad time. Deliveries with boost? It might surprise you. I delivered 4 glazed chocolate donuts, customer paid $14.00 ($9 base/boost, $3 fee, $2 tip).

·
Registered
15,008 Posts

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Not that you would ever want to opt out of delivery but Uber has made that a difficult process. Evidently you have to go to the GL hub to disable delivery.
If you opt in i think it's hell to get out.

They key is to not opt in.
I never have and don't have to deal with the requests when I'm in a Uber eats area.
Just the occasional text message reminding me of how much money I'm missing out on.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Got one where the kid ordered 2 cookies (for $1) from McD's. Tipped me $5 to drive a half mile.

I live in an area with no less than 25 restaurants in a 2-mile radius. They all use the on-demand delivery model. Even in a surge, making deliveries is not profitable. In my area, taking UE also means you will do pickups from grocery stores. NO THANKS.

I will never do UE again. Note that their verbiage states "Deliveries can increase earnings." Doesn't mean they will.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts