Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.png
So last week I made $611, but I took almost every single ping I received to hit the metal for this week. I used to leave in the South Bay, but recently moved to Yorba Linda. I drive to la because the money is better there. I usually only work in the South Bay beach cities and get a few good surge lax runs, but after hitting the metal, I feel like I should start at the beaches and work my way up to the core. x2 and stacked pings from
What I'm hearing from other platinum driver seem like money right now. I'm
Not platinum yet but hopefully will get there this week. This is what I did today starting in oc but going to the South Bay and I only took 1 x2 core call which brought me back down to mb, out of the core zone. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I got a couple stacked pings today, 2 stacked pool rides, but most were x rides. Before I hit the metal, all I freakin got were pool pings. So much so I had to log off for a bit because I knew the next one I didn't accept would boot me off. gluck to you too tomorrow. Hopefully most of y'all can get some good runs on and good rate. I have a couple friends that rake in between 1200-1500 every week on platinum and working the core! And be safe out there too! This crazy b cut me off today, but luckily my cat like reflexes saved my ass and that lady had a Benz with the blind spot sensors that lght up red to tell her dumb azz that a car or object is there lol

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
The boost incentive is great when you get it but it's only one source of revenue. I don't know how many miles you put on your car but to gross almost $28/hour isn't too shabby.

It's great if you're getting 2.0× boost but those pings are getting harder and harder to come by. And if you're getting a 2.0× surge outside of core you'd be crazy not to take it.

Bottom line is you're doing fine

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Sure but he's coming from Yorba Linda. That's a long drive to the core. You've got to take into consideration the 80 miles between coming and going he'd have to put in OR the alternative is to just drive OC which is about as lucrative as driving Uber Zyzzyx road.
He's driving to South Bay from Yorba Linda. What's another 10 miles to go to the core for that higher boost? He could drive another 6 miles to LAX and start there if he's gonna start at South Bay. mght as well. Most LAX rides bring you within the core.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
He's driving to South Bay from Yorba Linda. What's another 10 miles to go to the core for that higher boost? He could drive another 6 miles to LAX and start there if he's gonna start at South Bay. mght as well. Most LAX rides bring you within the core.
This is true. But still. Uber Zyzzyx road? You can't even give me a like for that? Much less a laugh aloud. This crowd is getting tougher and tougher.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sure but he's coming from Yorba Linda. That's a long drive to the core. You've got to take into consideration the 80 miles between coming and going he'd have to put in OR the alternative is to just drive OC which is about as lucrative as driving Uber Zyzzyx road.
Very true. Hahaha I love passing that road. But ya you're right.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts