Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was online and everything was fine... Then found out that I wasn't online and was asked if I was sure to go offline. Pressed stay online, but was told my account wasn't active. Although I did stop and speed up in a crazy manner with one passenger, I'm thinking the real person to have caused this damage was a different passenger that got really mad at me after telling me that he was high, because I replied to him, are you on crack? So, when I said that, he exploded on me. And he was really mad when he exited the vehicle. Oh, well. Time to go to Lyft.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What you was only working UBER?? Wow go get LYFt and juno .
Working on that. I didn't ever think someone would flag me like that--really wish we knew who it was so that I could take a drug test/blood test and sue. It's a bad idea to work for just one company--no doubt about that. I'll make an appointment with Juno in a few days, and I'll sign up with Lyft tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
Lyft pax are even worse when it comes to rating you, and since it's every 100 trips, the rating fluctuates like crazy at times. I've had people one star me because I took a turn the pax didnt like... her turn would end on the same ****ing road but I took it earlier... people are so stupid

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They will call you probably. You asked if a pax was on crack? Are you on crack?
Well, he said he was high. I asked him which route he wanted. He said there were too many options as he was high, and then commented how "it was working." I don't do drugs. I am waiting for my annual test at the TLC.
Never ask a pax if they are on crack, just assume they are and act accordingly.
Yeah, I'll have to, next time. If there is a next time...o_O I mean... if Uber decides that it's been 48 hours and their "investigation" ever finishes...
Lyft pax are even worse when it comes to rating you, and since it's every 100 trips, the rating fluctuates like crazy at times. I've had people one star me because I took a turn the pax didnt like... her turn would end on the same &%[email protected]!*ing road but I took it earlier... people are so stupid
I'm aware of that. I used to drive for Lyft in NJ. I have an account with them, but they're saying I can't go online and submit documents--I have to go there in person.
It's twilight, highly recommend this app (android only). Filters blue light that otherwise impairs with your sleep. You should try to avoid all blue light after sunset.
I also use a program on my computer called f.lux -- it's awesome. I started using these blue-light filters after I figured out how much damage blue light really does to your body (saw this first-hand when I had friends who would NOT SLEEP for DAYS while on their computers).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
from what ive read on this forum, uber "investigation" involves giving you a 2 day time out, then calling you, then reactivating you if your rating is above some level (probably 4.5), but leaving a flag on your account. Basically it's a compromise. They know driver will always deny. They don't know who to believe. So they give you a 2 day time out so you won't ever do it again.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from what ive read on this forum, uber "investigation" involves giving you a 2 day time out, then calling you, then reactivating you if your rating is above some level (probably 4.5), but leaving a flag on your account. Basically it's a compromise. They know driver will always deny. They don't know who to believe. So they give you a 2 day time out so you won't ever do it again.
But I could take a test to prove it. All they need to do is ask for a test within 24 hours or something. Sounds like a really childish way to deal with this sort of stuff. They just need to look at the GPS data and see.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lyft passengers are the worst and too much drama.i use to work for uber and lyft.the same car ,the same attitude .my rating is 4.89 with uber and 4.73 with lyft.
Funny you say that. I've had the opposite experience. At least I know which @sshole marked me and what kind of bullshit they talk about me. Uber is like a shifty, shady company that makes all anonymous except for the driver. This is the equivalent of bringing in hos and not knowing anything about them but they got your license and everything.
This is why I rather not talk to pax.

I'd edit any admission of wrong doing from this thread if I were u
I tried. They all say their drivers are silent and weird. Doesn't seem that there is a middle ground.
He is saying that both of you say some weird s**t to the pax.

Wardell with the " hey smoke a lot of weed" to a kid exiting his car with his nanny. One example.
Well, I just respond according to the context given. Don't talk to me about how I feel about this country if you're baiting me just to have a reason to give me a one star rating. I'm seriously considering to get a notice or letter that I can stick to my back seat with the words: Due to "stringent quality controls" imposed by Uber and due to risk of deactivation, Uber drivers are discouraged from interacting with passengers. Please don't engage your driver. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.