Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya! I just signed up in hopes of being able to go back to school full time, and working on my free time. I've seen a lot of people saying I should put up a "tips welcome" sign. Does anyone have good locations in the tempe/mesa/East phx area they recommend?

Also, as a female I've been warned that it is dangerous. That makes me a bit nervous.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Heya! I just signed up in hopes of being able to go back to school full time, and working on my free time. I've seen a lot of people saying I should put up a "tips welcome" sign. Does anyone have good locations in the tempe/mesa/East phx area they recommend?

Also, as a female I've been warned that it is dangerous. That makes me a bit nervous.
I don't think you'll need to worry too much. One of my female friends though has had two incidents where one guy kept putting his hand on her thigh and he wouldn't quit until she said she was calling the cops. Other incident was this guy would not leave the car and insisted on sex....she called the cops as well. Now both of these situations were Saturday nights driving the drunks around. Now bright note I see more female drivers akl the time:) to be safe just drive during the morning or afternoon and you'll be just fine

·
Registered
67 Posts
to be safe just drive during the morning or afternoon and you'll be just fine
As a female driver, i disagree with your last statement danimal85207. An assault or any type of harassment can occur in the daytime just as easily as nighttime.

Who has warned you driving uber is dangerous??

Honey you could get in a dangerous situation ANYWHERE.

I'm a female driver and have not experienced any "danger". my advice to you is...listen to your women's intuition. if you feel unsafe, uncomfortable, uneasy...your gut will tell you. Cancel the ride or end it.

Stay out of areas of town that may have a higher crime rate. I ALWAYS make single or double passengers sit in the back. Be cautious, don't be naive and overly trusting, and think defensively.

Good luck! I truly enjoy driving uber. I've had passengers from all over the valley. Just be cautious, on guard, and smart.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As a female driver, i disagree with your last statement danimal85207. An assault or any type of harassment can occur in the daytime just as easily as nighttime.

Then disagree....

Who has warned you driving uber is dangerous??

Honey you could get in a dangerous situation ANYWHERE.

I'm a female driver and have not experienced any "danger". my advice to you is...listen to your women's intuition. if you feel unsafe, uncomfortable, uneasy...your gut will tell you. Cancel the ride or end it.

Stay out of areas of town that may have a higher crime rate. I ALWAYS make single or double passengers sit in the back. Be cautious, don't be naive and overly trusting, and think defensively.

Good luck! I truly enjoy driving uber. I've had passengers from all over the valley. Just be cautious, on guard, and smart.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You are a mouthy little ***** aren't you. Glad to see your parents raised a scholar like yourself.
You told me to "disagree then". I thought I did in my OP to you. I simply reiterated in my next post to you because it seems you didn't catch my disagreement in the first post.

As far as naming you a d*ickhead...i just call it as I see it. if that makes me mouthy, so be it. Didn't realize you were on your period and so sensitive.

Perhaps if you don't make d*ckhead type comments, you wouldn't be called one. just saying...oh and P.S. whatever name you called me, no biggie to me.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
As far as naming you a d*ickhead...i just call it as I see it. if that makes me mouthy, so be it. Didn't realize you were on your period and so sensitive.
Oh damn, the Clownimal just got straight up burned LOL. Guess he's gonna have to use some of that big tip money he always claims to get so he can purchase a jar of vaseline & help soothe the butthurt.

·
Registered
223 Posts

*Uber/Lyft TOS do not allow you to keep ANY weapons in the car for self-defense so, start practicing your passive voice for de-escalation. :eek:

*Don't drive past Sunset. That's when ALL the weirdos come out. o_O
*If you insist on driving after sunset, try upgrading your low and high beams to LED bulbs with Heatsinks built in. It's safer for you when, you can see the road and, catch drunkards darting across the road at night. (Search the Sylvania Bulb Replacement Guide for your specific bulb and then, shop for them on Amazon, eBay or AliExpress).

*ASU is a great place to get your feet wet. Eventually,... you'll learn to avoid it like the plague. Typical trips are less than 5 miles in 20 minutes of ASU traffic. If you were to do that 3x an hour,... - a job at Walmart would still pay more (and, it'd be less wear and tear on your vehicle). :oops:

*Old Towne Scottsdale will earn you some points dealing with daytime drunks (night time drunks are much, much worse).
*Invest in a good Dual (front, passengers and rear coverage) Camera Dashcam system. Search TechMoan on YouTube for the latest and the greatest technology. I use a Falcon-360; about $170 on Amazon :mad:

*Don't sit at SkyHarbor or Gateway,... you could be there for hours before your number is up in the Q. (Time IS money). :(

*Restricting yourself to a set radius of your home, say 50 miles,... -just means, you're restricting yourself from unlimited earnings potential and experience dealing with the dredges of society (and, an occasional Utopian PAX in a near perfect world). :cool:

*Create and Respond to Postings here: Answers don't need to be Technical, Honest or Serious,... the more comical, the better. We ALL need a reminder and a little humor as to why, Driving is far better than a desk job :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts