Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been out there for 5 or 6 regular (not a holiday) weekdays and with the exception of a couple of airport rides it seems really hard to earn during the day, during the week.

Any advice?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Good

Luck.....

I had a pax just tell me every one of her drivers (she’s taking multiple rides all over daily) were complaining about earnings.... even some guy in his SUV commuting to downtown from Lakewood daily and picking her up on a regular Lyft ride....

Can’t make this up...

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Weekday mornings: hang out in the suburbs (eastside, north, south, West Seattle, etc...) you will get frequent requests until 9 Am.

9Am-3pm: south lake union, Cap Hill, Univ District and North Seattle College are all good for short rides and the occasional long one.

3pm-6pm: downtown Seattle, downtown Bellevue & Redmond are good for frequent requests.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
If you drive during the day, it will not pay.

Also, for starting during the slow winter months, I am proud to give you your first badge for your official Uber Driver sash:

I've only been out there for 5 or 6 regular (not a holiday) weekdays and with the exception of a couple of airport rides it seems really hard to earn during the day, during the week.

Any advice?
I am going to send you a private message.

I'll just post it here too...nothing to hide:

Welcome. This is by far the hardest time of year to find runs. The slow down between New Year's and spring is brutal. Most drivers are now using money they earned during the busy summer months to augment their lack of driving income.
XL, in particular, takes the heaviest hit. XL is dependent on group traffic. We simply won't have major XL traffic until the weather improves, so groups of people WANT to be out in the city. Family vacation season just passed us (last few weeks) and most families are back to work/school. Large sporting events have ended, until baseball season starts in the spring.

Tourist and cruise ship business is when we are at peak... but that comes in June-September.

Best of luck... we lose more drivers over the next two months than any other time of year.

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
Thanks for starting your "new meat" thread, you have gotten some good feedback already. Do take some time and read the first 40 threads that do not seem like random bullshit. I got thru about thirty and learned a lot including who to listen to and who to just discount. We both must have started about the same time, as this is my second week. I think if you are thinking about this as a 9-5 JOB then you are going to be disappointed. You should have a Seattle in your plan for at least 20 hours a week I think, and pay attention to the surge times and whatever (red) zones around Seattle and cap hill to set your plans. I have yet to set up LYFT, but you should do so quickly, as it multiplies your chances of rides. I am going to next week, as I have been focusing on technique and timing with UBER this last two weeks. Early morning drive times have been good to me so far.

Carry on!

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
what prompted you new ants to sign up?
Boredom mostly. It's winter and I needed something to do that makes a little money. My other option was bartending somewhere. While bartending might make a little more cash, it doesn't help with my other goal which is to cut way the heck back on drinking. I like to drive, and I need to stop having two beer lunches followed by more beer all afternoon. Not my primary source of income, but I also do not want to waste my time and like to do things well when I do them.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Boredom mostly. It's winter and I needed something to do that makes a little money. My other option was bartending somewhere. While bartending might make a little more cash, it doesn't help with my other goal which is to cut way the heck back on drinking. I like to drive, and I need to stop having two beer lunches followed by more beer all afternoon. Not my primary source of income, but I also do not want to waste my time and like to do things well when I do them.
If you have other options until spring/summer, I would highly encourage you to use them. The next 8-12 weeks are brutally slow.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
If you are trying to slow yo drinking, Ubering will help. I like a 4 beer lunch like the next guy but when you have to drive... you think twice, good luck on the drinking man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.