Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most XL rides are a long distance to pick up. Dead miles.

After the dead miles and Uber's 28% take, I lose money on most XL rides.

Anyone else experience this?

I am pondering having Uber remove me from the XL category. But then I should get a smaller car. But can't afford another car with these reduced rates.

AAAHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am an X but my XL buddies seem to do best during bar hours when riders are drinking in large groups and a $50 fare beats a $5,000 OWI. I suppose if Uber paid enough to warrant the investment you could have an X for non bar hours and an XL for bar hours, Football game days etc. I feel like now with the low rates, my Prius at least helps me keep a little more $, but in general I feel like I am subsidizing Uber now with most trips. It's an odd dynamic when you pick up low income riders, give them a great service for very little money, it almost feels like a hybrid work/community service gig; helping people who need it get to work affordably.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm an XL driver, and except for one guy who always wants me to go to Adel to pick him up, I usually do fairly decent with the groups. It's actually the X minimum fare rides that hurt. I have an Explorer (Eddie Bauer w/3rd row seating), and the net $2.40 on a minimum ride isn't worth the gas. Shuttling between West Glen & downtown from 11PM - 2:30AM on weekends is definitely lucrative though...

·
Registered
76 Posts
More than half of my XL trips are 1-4 pax who probably did not know any better. If I did not have an XL car there is no way I would make money. With so many cars out at least it gets me a few extra trips each night. I can sit far away from Court when there are 10-15 cars in a three block radius and still pull rides. I have no idea how many rides people in those clumps get but it looks to me like the same cars sit there for hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts