Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any electric/hybrid vehicles worth purchasing for ride-sharing/food delivery?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Back in January this year I pulled the trigger and traded in my 2013 Camry V6 with 120.000 miles on it for a fully electric 2017 Chevy Bolt EV with 49.000 miles on it. I have free charging at my full-time job. I've already put 7.000 miles on it and paid like $20 for electricity on fast charging stations on weekends since I don't work on weekends and don't have access to a free charger. There are plenty free chargers in my area too where I charge between deliveries. I do UE and GH.
Almost forgot. Bolt was selling for $14900 which I brought down to $14.000 and also did make dealership to pay $7000 for my Camry. So it was just $8.000 out of my pocket with all fees and taxes included. The money I've saved over just for gas are about $1100. Also Uber pays $1 extra for every delivery as incentive for driving an EV until Sep 2021. And the sweet part is you also save on maintenance. No oil changes, more mileage between brake pads changes. You also have to do a wheel alignment, change cabin filter and add windshield fluid. First "serious" factory recommended maintenance is on 150.000 miles and you have to flush coolant in your battery coolant system.

I would never use Tesla or other "serious" EV for delivery/rideshare. Also I would never do it if you have to pay more than $15-18K for an EV. I don't understand people doing that in brand new EVs or even in brand new regular cars.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Back in January this year I pulled the trigger and traded in my 2013 Camry V6 with 120.000 miles on it for a fully electric 2017 Chevy Bolt EV with 49.000 miles on it. I have free charging at my full-time job. I've already put 7.000 miles on it and paid like $20 for electricity on fast charging stations on weekends since I don't work on weekends and don't have access to a free charger. There are plenty free chargers in my area too where I charge between deliveries. I do UE and GH.
Almost forgot. Bolt was selling for $14900 which I brought down to $14.000 and also did make dealership to pay $7000 for my Camry. So it was just $8.000 out of my pocket with all fees and taxes included. The money I've saved over just for gas are about $1100. Also Uber pays $1 extra for every delivery as incentive for driving an EV until Sep 2021. And the sweet part is you also save on maintenance. No oil changes, more mileage between brake pads changes. You also have to do a wheel alignment, change cabin filter and add windshield fluid. First "serious" factory recommended maintenance is on 150.000 miles and you have to flush coolant in your battery coolant system.

I would never use Tesla or other "serious" EV for delivery/rideshare. Also I would never do it if you have to pay more than $15-18K for an EV. I don't understand people doing that in brand new EVs or even in brand new regular cars.
Well done. (y)

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Just rent a car through Uber and don't worry about costs man, Dara's got your back.
Actually, it’s like putting leashes on your back.

Oh! I am sorry you didn’t do 195 trips by this weekend? Decide to take a vacation? Had life problems? Got sick? Someone died?

Too bad where is my money man!

·
Premium Member
8,763 Posts

Don't be charging the Chevrolet Bolt inside or unattended. Risk of fire from defective batteries from LG Chem is high.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
View attachment 606283 I hear Bolts are very reasonable nowadays.
I would buy one if I needed one. Keep in mind that 1000% more ICE vehicles catch fire compare to EVs. And while the Bolt has some battery issues, it is a miniscule % that come anywhere near the picture above. IN fact, It'd be a super major plus, as the USED MARKET for this car is probably exceptional right now due to the 'Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt' spread by this recall, and horror photos like the one you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I would buy one if I needed one. Keep in mind that 1000% more ICE vehicles catch fire compare to EVs. And while the Bolt has some battery issues, it is a miniscule % that come anywhere near the picture above. IN fact, It'd be a super major plus, as the USED MARKET for this car is probably exceptional right now due to the 'Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt' spread by this recall, and horror photos like the one you posted.
!000% more ICE catch fire……..that was pulled straight outta your ass, eh…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts