Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, being a cherry picker has made me a happier driver. I don't feel taken advantage of and I don't feel like a charity. I am also in a better mood toward my pax. I use to freak out if my AR was below 100%, but the encouragement I received here has been a true help. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and shared their stories.

Premium Member
Nothing. The mods have been fair with me. I got edited for insulting Heisenberger. Of course that was after he thru out a 鈥測our mom鈥 comment. Maybe the mods weren鈥檛 fair with me after all. 馃槀馃槀.
Same situation with me. He eggs people on then when he can鈥檛 keep up he reports them to mods. Childish 鈥業鈥檓 gonna tell鈥 behavior.

Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
I must say, being a cherry picker has made me a happier driver. I don't feel taken advantage of and I don't feel like a charity. I am also in a better mood toward my pax. I use to freak out if my AR was below 100%, but the encouragement I received here has been a true help. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and shared their stories.
I've long since found (8 years ago) that accepting everything is never a good idea. The best way to increase my "pay per total miles driven" and "Revenue per hour worked" is to be very strategic about not accepting fares that are too far away.

The less information you get the more important it is to reject everything past a certain distance away. The empty unpaid miles between fares is the easiest thing that you can reduce making the rest of your numbers so much better.

With uber being uber, having to have a high acceptance rate for more information is offering an imaginary carrot.

Getting advanced knowledge of fares SOUNDS like a cool useful thing. But the reality is that if you have to mantain a high acceptance rating it's completely useless information.

Heres' 10 short fares that are 10-20 minutes 8-15 miles away to pickup and pay $3.00. But if you decline more than 1.5 of them we'll stop giving you that info.

In this case if you cared about having the info you've now gone and don 9/10 (at least) of these shitty pings to keep from losing the information. That's an entire days worth of pings wasted on 10 shitty short pings that are money losers.

Versus

Here's 10 fares that are 10 minutes 8 miles away, but you don't have a high enough acceptance rating to know what they are.

DECLINE X 10.
And then I hold out for something closer that won't be money losers because of the empty miles. Sure I MIGHT be missing out on a good fare, What I know I avoided was 80-150 empty miles driven in trade for 10 pings that are 2-3 miles away which is only 20-30 empty miles. I have saved myself 60-120 empty miles by being selective. Also I know that odds are that by declining pings i'm likely to get closer pings in less time than it would take to pick up the far away pings I accepted.

Banned
I've long since found (8 years ago) that accepting everything is never a good idea. The best way to increase my "pay per total miles driven" and "Revenue per hour worked" is to be very strategic about not accepting fares that are too far away.

The less information you get the more important it is to reject everything past a certain distance away. The empty unpaid miles between fares is the easiest thing that you can reduce making the rest of your numbers so much better.

With uber being uber, having to have a high acceptance rate for more information is offering an imaginary carrot.

Getting advanced knowledge of fares SOUNDS like a cool useful thing. But the reality is that if you have to mantain a high acceptance rating it's completely useless information.

Heres' 10 short fares that are 10-20 minutes 8-15 miles away to pickup and pay $3.00. But if you decline more than 1.5 of them we'll stop giving you that info.

In this case if you cared about having the info you've now gone and don 9/10 (at least) of these shitty pings to keep from losing the information. That's an entire days worth of pings wasted on 10 shitty short pings that are money losers.

Versus

Here's 10 fares that are 10 minutes 8 miles away, but you don't have a high enough acceptance rating to know what they are.

DECLINE X 10.
And then I hold out for something closer that won't be money losers because of the empty miles. Sure I MIGHT be missing out on a good fare, What I know I avoided was 80-150 empty miles driven in trade for 10 pings that are 2-3 miles away which is only 20-30 empty miles. I have saved myself 60-120 empty miles by being selective. Also I know that odds are that by declining pings i'm likely to get closer pings in less time than it would take to pick up the far away pings I accepted.
Facts.

Registered
this morning was dead. i had one pretty short ride maybe 7 miles, and then it gave me a $35 trip but it was a "long trip" and i think it was like 60 miles away. kinda to the middle of nowhere. so i'd have to drive 60 miles back, too? well i accepted it but messaged the customer and no reply so idk i cancelled it and went home to bed. $35/120 miles is bad stuff. and at 7am? zzzz. but i do feel a little guilty. uber needs to give you more time to check out trip details if it's a long trip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts