Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
so 65 bux if it hadn't been for platinum equating to about 22 bux an hour, but all that driving was probably done after 7pm.

It's huge to be able to get rides during the times where there is no traffic and being able to get a lot of mileage because that's where the most money is made, aside from getting stuck in an area where you can net a handful of short rides.

Have you ever been stuck on a friday evening around 5pm for a ride that goes 10 miles for about 80 minutes because of traffic? and then only end up making about 15 bux on that ride? it's absolutely horrible so you learn from driving during these types of hours. But what can you do if your brain can only do a 9-5 give or take other than that must adjust to what you can.

i'm telling you that if you want to keep your platinum status, you will need to work some hours outside of when your platinum status can entail you. In other words your patience will be tested with getting long rides throughout the course here and there and then it will force you to work longer hours to maintain your status despite getting a long ride from l.a. to san diego, etc and what not.

If you are lucky enough to get your 75 rides without needing to work overtime, you are either very intelligent or very lucky. I expected myself to get short rides today on a wednesday to get my ride count up, i was ready to stay in my car for the longest amount of hours straight which i did but i got too many long rides today. I can't complain at all because on any other wednesday i would have never been able to get what i got on this very wed july 20th so i have no right to complain.

·
Registered
149 Posts
nevermind it was more like 16 bux an hour with no boost, not 22 so basically about 32-33 bux an hour with the boost but that was for 3 hours, if you want to keep it up, where is the other 72 hours, know what i mean? This is the kind of thing where uber is expecting you to get lazy, and then lose your status the next week around.

In other words they'll let you have your 3 hour period where you can make 40-50 bux an hour or more but then if you go home, it becomes extremely difficult because then you are not accepting rides, the hours are going by and then you're not going to be able to stay on platinum as easy.

At the rate that i am going, i might not be able to even take a single day off so i need to step it up and stay in the got damn car no matter how slow it might be on monday tuesday or wednesday. I mean if i have 30 rides to go by saturday evening in order to stay on platinum for the next week, i totally lost and need to regroup, recover and i would feel dead. To tell you the truth, i am on my first week of trying to do platinum and here i stand on wednesday evening thursday morning at a measly 25 rides. i already know i am going to have to probably hope i can do 30 rides on saturday.

Hell i was too lazy on tuesday to only do 5 rides so that's my BS problem i'm having to deal with now, time to ramp it up thursday friday and saturday and then we'll see if i can take sunday off LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts