Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm another Uber Support Rep here to dish. Ask me anything.

86K views 777 replies 211 participants last post by  Rat 
#1 ·
What do you want to ask a support rep? I'll be doing 2 hour AMA blocks whenever I can. Fire away.

#6 ·
Two questions... The first one is, why is it taking forever for me to get the update for iOS in my market, Scranton Wilkes-Barre? The update app gives you alerts for surge notifications. Second question, when is UBER XL going to be available in my market? Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer questions. John Lubeck.

#13 ·
1. The iOS updates for the Uber iPhones seem like they don't typically coincide with the public update schedules. They are pushed out manually by Uber engineering, but Uber reps are not privy to when they would come. That's why you'll always hear "expect it sometime soon." We have no clue about technical details, especially future ones.
2. Unless you've gotten notice that uberXL is coming to your market, don't hold your breath. There's hardly ever dates announced to reps for info like that either. For example. the massive spread in Southwest Ontario Canada, we were alerted about 5 hours before those cities launched. The truth is, if the uberX demand grows enough, they'll expand to uberXL. Scranton Wilkes-Barre is not a major market, so it is not anywhere near the top of their radar to expand.

#14 ·
No, not at all. Your driver and rider rating are completely separate and do not influence each other. Though, if you do something that gets your rider account banned, it will most likely effect your driver status as well, as rider and driver accounts with coinciding data do have links. But in short, no, getting a rating from another driver as a rider has nothing to do with your Driver rating.

#19 ·
How come we don't get to view the passenger feedback? I use the iOS and am based in Burlington, VT. I wonder why the application is so lacking compared to the application I've seen screen shots of the Android and it seems that app has better information for the drivers. The heat maps appear to have more details unlike VT where the heat map covers most of the city.

#22 ·
because its confidential to protect the rider. if a rider gives you bad feedback, you maybe know where they live, work, or hang out and could potentially go and retaliate because you know how important ratings are to your livelihood. even with some particular comments you could deduce who it was. you have records of where trips began and ended. there's just too much danger of a driver killing a rider over a bad rating.

#27 ·
We get surveys to take about our satisfaction as drivers. Acting like they care. Will they ever stop recruiting drivers and advertise to get riders? Think the tip option will EVER become a reality?
Will the rates ever go back up to a realistic amount? You will eventually run out of people willing to drive.

#28 ·
1. nope, they will never stop recruiting drivers. the only caps i have ever seen have been on UberBLACK drivers and those are mandated by the local legislations, or similar caps to the allowance of drivers in a city that could spill over into uberX. haven't seen these in huge markets. but yeah, no way, never gonna cap the driver pool. they don't care how much each driver makes, they just care about MORE rides being fulfilled.
2. no, i do not think tipping on UberX and BLACK will ever happen. Only UberTAXI. that's kind of a staple of Uber, that there's no tip involved.
3. if going back up is what you need the rates to do to be realistic, then no, I do not think you will ever get realistic rates. i think rates will continue to slowly drop or level out where they are. but more likely continue to drop.
4. agreed. people will stop wanting to drive, but there's always new drivers who want to get out there. (see answer 1.)

#35 ·
legit ones, no. you are bringing more users and money to Uber.
using paid means like advertising, yes. fraud team researches the codes and knows when the agreement to not use paid means has been broken, which can disqualify you from pending referral awards.

#42 ·
no, ratings are never reset. they are always rolling averages of the last (up to) 500 trips completed or taken. if you are given quality reviews, you do not get reset to 5. it will never, ever happen. your rating is your rating as you've earned it (or truly as you've been rated)

#40 ·
with millions more drivers needing data, and more devices using the network everyday i think the data fee increase is to remain sustainable. there's probably a bit of profit - as there should be in all business maneuvers (i.e. - downsizing and outsourcing to cheaper reps) , but i honestly believe the increase is just to account for the growth and most likely a re-negotiated agreement with the data providers.

#43 ·
there's grey areas there, and the specifications are not disclosed to reps. but yeah, clean-ish driving record for 2-3 years. no major or violent crimes. can't speak if a misdemeanor or drug crime would disqualify, it might, it might not. its not laid out for us to know.

#84 ·
That's not true. I care for a company that will care for me. I will show up on time, I will regularly vacuum my seats, because I value what they provide. And it's true for al ot of people.

They show us no loyalty, so we have no reason to show loyalty or care for them.

Also it's interesting how they screw even their own CSR's lol. That's capitalism I suppose. FU UBer

#87 ·
I agree. But Uber/Lyft use the public as their drivers, and not all of us has your mentality. When easy money is dangling in front of us(like Lyft gives out money to drivers via guarantees, Power Drive bonus, ...), loyalty goes out of window. I know that most of Uber drivers who are aware of Lyft, would drive both at the same time.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.