Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Two questions... The first one is, why is it taking forever for me to get the update for iOS in my market, Scranton Wilkes-Barre? The update app gives you alerts for surge notifications. Second question, when is UBER XL going to be available in my market? Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer questions. John Lubeck.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Why does Uber not have the function to set Destination Filter like Lyft?
Last thing you need is a system that encourages cherry picking and is open to manipulation. Being able to set a destination costs you far more than the value you may see in it. Drivers simply manipulate it and also leads to poor customer service. Its intention is good but the road to hell.......

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two questions... The first one is, why is it taking forever for me to get the update for iOS in my market, Scranton Wilkes-Barre? The update app gives you alerts for surge notifications. Second question, when is UBER XL going to be available in my market? Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer questions. John Lubeck.
1. The iOS updates for the Uber iPhones seem like they don't typically coincide with the public update schedules. They are pushed out manually by Uber engineering, but Uber reps are not privy to when they would come. That's why you'll always hear "expect it sometime soon." We have no clue about technical details, especially future ones.
2. Unless you've gotten notice that uberXL is coming to your market, don't hold your breath. There's hardly ever dates announced to reps for info like that either. For example. the massive spread in Southwest Ontario Canada, we were alerted about 5 hours before those cities launched. The truth is, if the uberX demand grows enough, they'll expand to uberXL. Scranton Wilkes-Barre is not a major market, so it is not anywhere near the top of their radar to expand.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When a driver gets an Uber ride and gets rated as a passenger, is that factored into the driver's driver rating?
No, not at all. Your driver and rider rating are completely separate and do not influence each other. Though, if you do something that gets your rider account banned, it will most likely effect your driver status as well, as rider and driver accounts with coinciding data do have links. But in short, no, getting a rating from another driver as a rider has nothing to do with your Driver rating.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
The destination filter seems like it would limit the amount of requests you would get, and would ultimately make for less reliable response time for pick ups. User's best interests lay with the riders...
Correct, except Lyft drivers use this when they are far from home at the end of the day and would love to head back not empty. This is one of the reasons I added Lyft to my driving, and use this at the end of the night. It actually worked once in my favor, but that's better than nothing on Uber. Lyft is also interested in serving the riders, but they did not forget about the drivers. Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct, except Lyft drivers use this when they are far from home at the end of the day and would love to head back not empty. This is one of the reasons I added Lyft to my driving, and use this at the end of the night. It actually worked once in my favor, but that's better than nothing on Uber. Lyft is also interested in serving the riders, but they did not forget about the drivers. Thanks
it honestly sounds great and makes a lot of sense. i agree, a driver should be entitled to have a fare on the way home. I don't think Uber cares whether or not you are heading one way or the other, they just want to have as many ride requests fulfilled as possible. the right programming could get certain people on their way home fares... but yeah, never heard any plans to do so.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So tell us how they treat their support reps? Are you unhappy too (like drivers)?
Well. Your Support Reps for the US and Canada up until the summer were primarily based in the US. they are now aggressively downsizing and outsourcing abroad and laying off dozens of Reps weekly (hundreds a month - there were between 500 and 1000 total US reps at the peak) with amazing satisfaction survey scores, low response counts (how many emails it takes to answer you question and solve your problem completely and fully) and replacing them with cheaper reps in other countries who don't even have a clue what you are saying, let alone know how to effectively communicate and solve your problems. they don't value great support, they just value cost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How come we don't get to view the passenger feedback? I use the iOS and am based in Burlington, VT. I wonder why the application is so lacking compared to the application I've seen screen shots of the Android and it seems that app has better information for the drivers. The heat maps appear to have more details unlike VT where the heat map covers most of the city.

1 - 20 of 778 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.