Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I exit the car and open the trunk and stand next to it so that a) I can watch that they don't ram their shopping cart into my back bumper and b) I'm the one closing the trunk so they don't slam it like they are trying to take it off the hinges. But I do NOT lift anything, unless it's an airport PAX.

AKA sure, I'll haul your groceries, but YOU load them and YOU unload them. Of course, a 5 spot will change the dynamics a little.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Uh, it's like part of the job
Technically, no its not "part of the job", though U/L both lean on drives and try to coax and cajole extra unpaid work from us (ie, Lyft literature will blither about how much pax appreciate help with their luggage, groceries, etc), but I havent seen anything in our ToS that compels us to offer to serve as porters (just drive)..with that said, I tend to hop out and at least open and stay by the trunk so pax don't steal my things.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I'll haul your groceries, but YOU load them and YOU unload them.
I dont do groceries....if pax has a few bags in hand, and can hop in with them, great...if pax wheels up with their overflowing cart(s), I cancel and bounce....I cant be bothered with it, again because I don't get paid enough to wait for loading and/or serving as porter...my understanding that RS is about taking pax (not pax + 2 carts of groceries) from point A to B.

·
Registered
407 Posts
In my experience cute ladies tip less than ugly men.
Millennial women followed rapidly by gen z are statistically my worst tippers. I try and avoid them if possible. They’re pretty easy to identify as they have traditional names with new age spelling. When I do inevitability run into them on lyft, I 3 star them as they’re bad for my bottom line. Kitty gets no pass with me. This is a bottom line business and I’ve become immune to it all. Strictly bottom line.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Like, "Would you like a complimentary bottle of water? Breath mint? Suppository?"
Don't forget to offer up the aux.....and his/her royal highness needs a "quick run" through the Starbucks drive, of course, dont mention it, why not (oh, except I'm taking a financial haircut for you....)?....now can I also run your 20 bags of groceries up 4 flights of stair for you?, because you hands are full with your two soy-milk/low fat ice latte grandes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't forget to offer up the aux.....and his/her royal highness needs a "quick run" through the Starbucks drive, of course, dont mention it, why not (oh, except I'm taking a financial haircut for you....)?....now can I also run your 20 bags of groceries up 4 flights of stair for you?, because you hands are full with your two soy-milk/low fat ice latte grandes.
No way in h--- am I letting my cord be plugged into someone's dirty port. Not gonna happen. Don't even ask! No.
:eek2:

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I dont do groceries....if pax has a few bags in hand, and can hop in with them, great...if pax wheels up with their overflowing cart(s), I cancel and bounce....I cant be bothered with it, again because I don't get paid enough to wait for loading and/or serving as porter...my understanding that RS is about taking pax (not pax + 2 carts of groceries) from point A to B.
I can’t imagine being so full of myself that 30-60 seconds of grocery loading causes me to lose my shit, cancel the ride, wait (unpaid) for another, drive to that ride (unpaid again) and wait (unpaid for up to another two minutes).

The clown college is pumping out math majors apparently.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
That's not how you get monkeypox. 🤷‍♂️
Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids. It also can be spread by respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex. In addition, pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta.
Touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids is another way monkeypox spreads. It’s also possible for people to get monkeypox from infected animals, either by being scratched or bitten by the animal or by eating meat or using products from an infected animal.
People who do not have monkeypox symptoms cannot spread the virus to others.
Monkeypox can spread from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids. It also can be spread by respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex. In addition, pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta.
Touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids is another way monkeypox spreads. It’s also possible for people to get monkeypox from infected animals, either by being scratched or bitten by the animal or by eating meat or using products from an infected animal.
Monkeypox can spread from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks.
Dude it was a joke. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
576 Posts
No cuddling, sex, or face contact for you.
:side:
AND KEEP YOUR HAND AWAY FROM MY PLUG!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts