Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed a drop off of pings in west Broward, except for pool. I don't accept pool rides do you think Uber is putting me in the "doghouse" for not accepting pool? Are they diverting rides to others who accept everything? Has anyone noticed this?

Or is it that slow, with too many drivers and not enough demand?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I
I have noticed a drop off of pings in west Broward, except for pool. I don't accept pool rides do you think Uber is putting me in the "doghouse" for not accepting pool? Are they diverting rides to others who accept everything? Has anyone noticed this?

I'm wondering the exact same thing as i sit here near the sawgrass & coral ridge drive. All I've seen in the last hour are pings for pool. No uberX ping in sight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For months now I have been rejecting all UberPool request. For the amount of time I’m dedicating to Uber and for close to a year now, including prior to UberPool I have been averaging $125.00 on a daily basis. Since UberPool was forced on us, I had not noticed much of a difference in revenue until recently. About 3 weeks ago and very abruptly my average revenue has dropped to below $65.00 a day. I would wager that it took them that long to change the algorithm on the program so as to penalized those drivers that don’t comply, not only with these childish timeouts but with drastic ride shortages.

Well you might wonder, is there is a way I can prove this? As matter of fact I did, for a couple of days I accepted all request and guest what? In those days my revenue went back up. I stopped, and the revenue goes back down. Now you might say "well we have no other choice than to take it up the wazoo", and resign ourselves to pool being an other rate reduction that we need to get use to. I'll be dammed, and refuse to work for what is tantamount to working for close to minimum wage our worst; how I'm I going to replace my vehicle when it gives up making this kind of money. Independent contractor my ass?

They drive us like cattle, and we let them.
Do as they say or they cut you off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is the kick in the gonads!
We were sold on the idea of UberPool was a means of lowering the dead time thus increasing revenue. All the other GREEN platitudes I'm sure were largely ignored, since the purpose of our association with Uber is to make a living not save the planet. Now in Uber's own web site under the UberPool FAQ's page, they unequivocally explained how UberPool fares were to be calculated. (Please refer to screen capture.) At the time this made sense since the criteria for UberX fares is; from point A to point B for a single account holder plus companions with certain flexibilities. UberPool on the other hand is more a carpooling product were multiple account holders and a max of one companion are all strung together on a single trip and account holders are restricted to certain options.

Font Rectangle Parallel Wood Paper

In true flim-flam fashion Uber has scrubbed their entire web site of this promise and are steadfastly reneging on it. What are we to think when a product is introduced with certain rules and without notice the rules are changed sticking it to the drivers even further. God forbid Uber conceive a product were all discounts are taken from their take rather than disrupting driver compensation. The crux of the matter here is; Uber is not giving the passengers discounted rides, we the drivers are the poor saps forced to do so. To make things worst this was done without our advice or consent.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That's a great article, that could be what Uber needs to rethink this timeout issue. When someone like CNN money says they might be testing us like employees and not ICs, Uber takes notice.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
To me UberFool would make sense if I'm driving riders that were picked up close to each other and drive them to similar destinations... But if I have to drive back or out of the way to pickup or drop off a 2nd Pax and lose money because of it, then I don't like it. I reject all UberFool requests and have yet to be put on a time-out. I guess I've been luck for now

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think I was put in a stealth timeout this afternoon. I ignored a pool and then got nothing for 15 mins, my car wasn't on the passenger app either, but I was showing online. I logged into Lyft and made a quick trip while Uber decided to hurt their customer base by taking me out of the queue.

·
Registered
82 Posts

I do not accept eaither, and today o dont make more then $ 20. How they think we leel with a ride with 3 people for $ 3.40.... is unaceptable...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I was put in a stealth timeout this afternoon. I ignored a pool and then got nothing for 15 mins, my car wasn't on the passenger app either, but I was showing online. I logged into Lyft and made a quick trip while Uber decided to hurt their customer base by taking me out of the queue.
Lyft is not better, is the same with different smell, the people call to go 3 or 5 blooks and I cancel in front of their faces,

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lyft is not better, is the same with different smell, the people call to go 3 or 5 blooks and I cancel in front of their faces,
Can't drive for Uber, no reason to not give my car to the other guys while waiting out the stupid timeout Uber put me in. Better then wasting my time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you go on the PAX app it clearly states that pool is only an option at certain times in certain places. Now it seems it is everywhere all the time.

I got a pool ping the other day at 3am in central broward, 11 minutes away. I ignored it. 2 mins later get the X request same address, accept it. It was a $42 ride to Homestead. Why should I give the PAX a huge discount (pool) ride at 3am?
The pool option is supposed to be from 7am-10am, 4pm-8pm Mon-Thurs. Friday 7am-10am, and from 4pm Friday all the way through 3am Sunday. But only in specified areas. For example, in Broward the west boundary is the turnpike. But you cruise west broward and you get mostly pool requests 24/7.
Well sorry, but is anytime all over Miami Dade and Broward
..looks like new promo pool for $ 4 from the limit of Broward to the entire Miami D.means you pick up somebody at the county line an they jus paid $ 4 to go to Midtown....how you guys feel...

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you go on the PAX app it clearly states that pool is only an option at certain times in certain places. Now it seems it is everywhere all the time.

I got a pool ping the other day at 3am in central broward, 11 minutes away. I ignored it. 2 mins later get the X request same address, accept it. It was a $42 ride to Homestead. Why should I give the PAX a huge discount (pool) ride at 3am?
The pool option is supposed to be from 7am-10am, 4pm-8pm Mon-Thurs. Friday 7am-10am, and from 4pm Friday all the way through 3am Sunday. But only in specified areas. For example, in Broward the west boundary is the turnpike. But you cruise west broward and you get mostly pool requests 24/7.
Do you have official screen captures of these options and limitations? Would love to see these, or have they been scrubbed like the promise they would pay unmatched rides at UberX rates.

·
Registered
440 Posts
  • Rush: its illegal to pick up minors, also insurance does not pay if you get in a accident, I ask age if underage , tell them your insurance doesn't cover minors and ask them to cancel!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Oh my bad, I thought you said your pool rides are mostly teenagers! But I get it teenagers to you are in their twenties! Regardless most of the riders don't really care what we are getting paid as long as they are getting their cheap a$$ fares!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.