You get to fold endless cardboard boxes too

And prep food

And clean up

My life's dream for sure

Reactions: Tequila_K

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I used to deliver pizza here for 2 different local chains. I was paid minimum wage plus tips at both with no mileage reimbursement. I was netting less than minimum wage after subtracting vehicle costs by the time I quit. I tried to sue for it but couldn't find a lawyer willing to take the case.

In most markets, I'd assume that working for the big 3 would be more lucrative than uber but it would involve getting the good shifts every week

·
Super Moderator
15,268 Posts
I used to deliver pizza here for 2 different local chains. I was paid minimum wage plus tips at both with no mileage reimbursement. I was netting less than minimum wage after subtracting vehicle costs by the time I quit. I tried to sue for it but couldn't find a lawyer willing to take the case.

In most markets, I'd assume that working for the big 3 would be more lucrative than uber but it would involve getting the good shifts every week
In states like California you don't need a lawyer, you just open a case against them with the state labor board.

Maybe there is something equivalent to that in your state.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Found out that pizza drivers aren't given the delivery fee. Goes straight to the shop.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Found out that pizza drivers aren't given the delivery fee. Goes straight to the shop.
That can vary. I know Wings Over Somerville was paying the delivery fee and tips to driver.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When I was younger, I worked as a delivery driver for a local pizza shop. They paid minimum wage plus $1 for every delivery, plus my tips.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
[QUO and if TE="drivinindc, post: 482640, member: 25507"]Also,

- You will get to work scheduled part-time hours instead of making your own.

- You can drive to the same addresses over and over again instead of exploring the whole city.

- You get to infuse your car with pizza aroma.

- You get to carry cash in sketchy parts of town.

So much better.[/QUOTE]
Yes no schedule is nice but if you want money you're gonna work certain hours anyway.

Working one area and not needing gps is safer. Especially no pax giving directions at the last minute. Less stress too.

The exploring the whole city thing gets old (see above). I've lived here 29 years.

Use a seat cover and the pizza smell does not stay in the car. My customers don't even know I deliver pizza if I don't tell them. I've had a lot more smelly customers than smelly pizza.

as I told several people on this forum if you go deliver pizza do it in a nice neighborhood because the tips are better and of course it's safer. it's much easier to stay out of those neighborhoods if you go work for the right pizza place then go work for Uber.

Oh and dominos won't go out of business but if they did you'll get unemployment. You also get work men's comp if injured.

Pizza doesn't ***** about aux cords, radio, route...Actually pizza doesn't common EVER. It's the perfect pax. Silent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts