Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey uber folks i'm new to this site but just wanted to give anyone who has purchased a vehicle through carmax with a extended warranty a heads up, If you use your vehicle to driver uber you warranty repairs will NOT be covered,I found out the hard way when i took my car in to have the air conditioner fixed, The warranty company sent out a inspector and he noticed the tnc permit on my windshield so my repairs were not covered because they say my vehicle is considered a commercial vehicle since i use it for work (uber) I dont think it is fair to be discriminated against for using my vehicle to make extra money.I paid a couple thousand dollars for a extended warranty only to find out it won't even pay for my repairs and i don't want to see that happen to anyone else

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Hey uber folks i'm new to this site but just wanted to give anyone who has purchased a vehicle through carmax with a extended warranty a heads up, If you use your vehicle to driver uber you warranty repairs will NOT be covered,I found out the hard way when i took my car in to have the air conditioner fixed, The warranty company sent out a inspector and he noticed the tnc permit on my windshield so my repairs were not covered because they say my vehicle is considered a commercial vehicle since i use it for work (uber) I dont think it is fair to be discriminated against for using my vehicle to make extra money.I paid a couple thousand dollars for a extended warranty only to find out it won't even pay for my repairs and i don't want to see that happen to anyone else
Cancel the warranty. You can duo that and get most of your money back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the responses. I plan to cancel the extended warranty i just wanted to get the word out to other drivers so the same thing doesn't happen to them. I did remove the uber stickers and didn't say anything about driving for uber to anyone at the dealership, I left the tnc sticker , one because i didn't think anyone outside of uber would know what it was for and two because it's a permanent and can't be reinstalled in hindsight i should have taken it off and just gone back to the greenlight hub and got another one

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm more interested as to why you needed the extended warranty. What gave out and how much was the bill? Anyways, thanks for making the effort to spread the word. I hope your insurance company knows you're Ubering.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Wait till your lien holder places a commercial insurance policy on your vehicle for an extra $500/month.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go get a lawyer. In your warranty does that stipulate your warranty is not covered. Second did you say yes you are using your new vehicle for work? If yes you did then they should never of taken your money. Sue them!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Go get a lawyer. In your warranty does that stipulate your warranty is not covered. Second did you say yes you are using your new vehicle for work? If yes you did then they should never of taken your money. Sue them!!!
Nevermind the fact that this isn't a cohesive sentence, it's just terrible advice.

That's pretty standard on *ANY* warranty, extended or otherwise. If you drive your vehicle for commercial purposes, they will not honor your warranty. Try reading the terms and conditions of the warranty you paid extra for. It's all spelled out in there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nevermind the fact that this isn't a cohesive sentence, it's just terrible advice.

That's pretty standard on *ANY* warranty, extended or otherwise. If you drive your vehicle for commercial purposes, they will not honor your warranty. Try reading the terms and conditions of the warranty you paid extra for. It's all spelled out in there.
I wasn't giving advice I was making a suggestion. It does not hurt to seek information from a lawyer. *Note* in Canada if your insurance does not see a rideshare as commercial service neither should your warranty.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i purchased my car with warranty. been driving my car for uber for 3 years. they are covering everything. i had a tnc sticker on my car for 2 of the years.

they don't have a inspector area, they take acura word for everything

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,276 Posts
It took me less than 5 minutes to find both the contract for the warranty and the exclusion they used to deny you coverage, It wasn't small print and they weren't trying to hide it.

In most uber markets, uber fails out on in multiple ways.

Explicitly, you are being denied coverage because you do a pickup/delivery service AND you are carrying passengers for hire. Additionally it specifically excludes taxis taxi services, so they are specifically listing things you can't do and be covered and you failed both in the specific technicalities and the intent of the contract you signed.

These services are excluded from warranties for the exact reason that doing them is hell on the vehicle.

3. Commercial use including, but not limited to use as: taxi, police car or other emergency vehicle, hauling, construction (other than driving to and from work), pick-up and delivery service, daily rentals, carrying passengers for hire, snowplowing and company pool use or business travel when the Vehicle is used by more than one driver

I recommend you always read contracts before you sign them, many technicalities are blatantly apparent.

Reactions: mingaa
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.