Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your're a driver don't bother taking Uber to court. According to the terms of service that YOU agreed to when you downloaded the app as a driver you have to go through arbitration. Yep.

The good news though, is now, if you are a pax you can take Uber to court if you allege assault by an Uber driver!
A recent Uber policy change (brought on by a CNN report) gives the green light to over one hundred women accusing drivers of assault in one form or another. They can NOW go through with lawsuits for assaults committed by Uber drivers in the last four years.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
You can always go right after the pax directly.
Try getting the pax info from Uber. They're not going to give you the last name until you get the police involved.

On a related note, I'm thinking of hiring a PI to find out the name of the pax who opened the driver's side pax door into traffic, so I can get him for the deductible. I have his phone number, think that'll be good enough?

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
signal11 : PD report should get the info. desired assuming the passenger does not run away from the scene.

Also, you can always try to PM the door-clanging suspect guy's phone number to me.
I think I screwed up that night and didn't get the name of the guy who opened the door, just the name of his friend and his phone number. I have the name, phone number and now the LinkedIn profile of one of the four, but I don't think there's a way to compel him to state the name of the guy who actually opened the door, is there? Or should I just take him to small claims court and let the court figure it out. Also, looks like the dude moved out of state shortly after the accident.

Incase you go Lambo's Yearly BBQ and a bear jumps in your back seat.

btw. Lambo Martin is know for his Djion Chicken
Oh, more lambo stuff. It's not like that shit got old fast.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
I think I screwed up that night and didn't get the name of the guy who opened the door, just the name of his friend and his phone number. I have the name, phone number and now the LinkedIn profile of one of the four, but I don't think there's a way to compel him to state the name of the guy who actually opened the door, is there? Or should I just take him to small claims court and let the court figure it out. Also, looks like the dude moved out of state shortly after the accident.

Oh, more lambo stuff. It's not like that shit got old fast.
Hater!

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Here's the best info I can provide from a gut check:
If you have the friend's number, you could call him to ask who was riding with him that day, but no he is not compelled to volunteer the information.

I do not know of a good route to use the friend's home address to set a small claims court date to subpoena him to provide information in some sort of "discovery phase" to reveal his friend. However, it's that I simply don't know one way or the other on this angle of the court system without knowing the defendant's info.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Here's the best info I can provide from a gut check:
If you have the friend's number, you could call him to ask who was riding with him that day, but no he is not compelled to volunteer the information.

I do not know of a good route to use the friend's home address to set a small claims court date to subpoena him to provide information in some sort of "discovery phase" to reveal his friend. However, it's that I simply don't know one way or the other on this angle of the court system without knowing the defendant's info.
I bet he'll flip on his friend when he gets served. It's going to cost him a plane ticket to show up to say it's not him and all I'm out is the $40 in court fees and processing fees.

I'm going to PM you later about this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts