Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. You don't like the app. The company treats drivers like crap. You don't accept orders under x dollars. Yet. you apparently still use it?
Not everyone's situation is like yours.
Working in a different geographic area creates different income outcomes and possibilities. In some areas where there is major competition some have no choice but to accept cheap offers. And vice versa when it comes areas where one can pick and choose. There's no reason to tell someone what THEY should do if you don't understand what type of market they are operating in.
I've been doing UEats in the Delaware/Md area and the market is varied(Wilmington is fast paced and rural Md is slow but higher fares). I did the Philadelphia area abit and it's a totally different animal.
So, before you share your vast Uber/Lyft/DD wisdom it's probably best to try to get a feel for the driver you are giving advice to's market/location. Just sayin;)

Registered
I don't get it. You don't like the app. The company treats drivers like crap. You don't accept orders under x dollars. Yet. you apparently still use it?
Working in a different geographic area creates different income outcomes and possibilities. In some areas where there is major competition some have no choice but to accept cheap offers. And vice versa when it comes areas where one can pick and choose. There's no reason to tell someone what THEY should do if you don't understand what type of market they are operating in.
I've been doing UEats in the Delaware/Md area and the market is varied(Wilmington is fast paced and rural Md is slow but higher fares). I did the Philadelphia area abit and it's a totally different animal.
So, before you share your vast Uber/Lyft/DD wisdom it's probably best to try to get a feel for the driver you are giving advice to's market/location. Just sayin;)

sometimes i wish i would be bling rather read such crap !

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We should be able to nominate rules for the forum, such as, starting a thread to complain about complaining should result in an automatic lifetime ban for the perpetrator.
Better yet, why not eliminate" the disgruntled because I failed with Uber/Lyft/DD" crowd because they don't offer any solutions but bottles and bottles of Whine to any discussion;)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Complaining about complaining 馃槀
Actually it exposes those that can'
The answer to this question is the same as the answer to this question:

If you don't like the posts complaining about UberEats, why complain on this forum?

Look inside yourself for the answer; there you will find it.
Not complaining, just exposing the silliness in the exercise. Get it? Complain about an app that one DOES make money on, just because it's not enough. Hello?o_Oo_O

Registered
Actually it exposes those that can'

Not complaining, just exposing the silliness in the exercise. Get it? Complain about an app that one DOES make money on, just because it's not enough. Hello?o_Oo_O
Hello!

In that case, allow me to rephrase:

If you don't like the posts exposing UberEats, why expose on this forum?

Registered
Better yet, why not eliminate" the disgruntled because I failed with Uber/Lyft/DD" crowd because they don't offer any solutions but bottles and bottles of Whine to any discussion;)
Bottles of fine whine are perfectly acceptable topics on here.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello!

In that case, allow me to rephrase:

If you don't like the posts exposing UberEats, why expose on this forum?

Why ignore the ACTUAL topic(complaining about UBER/Lyft/DD even though you use them) in favor of a strawman argument("why complain about complaining?:rolleyes:")? That's expected when one does something that they know is stupid!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2021 Bugatti Chiron
See my signature, sums it up well in my opinion. This is the first and only Signature I had on this forum.

When I first joined this forum I found it to be real turn off with all of the negativity. However scattered about in all the negativity are some gems of information that have made me more profitable. I sift through the content posted by others to find those gems. As I started driving in more markets I learned the value of what I thought was negativity. In certain markets it is valuable. I have worked 6-7 different markets now and have learned I have to treat them all different. Heck even in specific markets you have to treat separate areas different.

Some of the most influential people in my life have been the worst of the worst. They teach me how not to be.

My signature: Every market and person is different, do what you think is right for you and your market.

Registered
See my signature, sums it up well in my opinion. This is the first and only Signature I had on this forum.

When I first joined this forum I found it to be real turn off with all of the negativity. However scattered about in all the negativity are some gems of information that have made me more profitable. I sift through the content posted by others to find those gems. As I started driving in more markets I learned the value of what I thought was negativity. In certain markets it is valuable. I have worked 6-7 different markets now and have learned I have to treat them all different. Heck even in specific markets you have to treat separate areas different.

Some of the most influential people in my life have been the worst of the worst. They teach me how not to be.

My signature: Every market and person is different, do what you think is right for you and your market.
Also, even online, people relate to each other by finding common ground. One of the common grounds is complaining about "the boss" or where one works in general. It doesn't matter how good one's job is or how much one gets paid. I had a well-paid career and, at the places I worked, the grumbling wasn't about pay but the decisions made by management. As in, "They're spending $x millions of dollars on that piece of software?!?" Mock mock laugh chortle etc.

Friends had a good episode that commented on this phenomenon. Chandler was made a supervisor at his work and he had to accept that his previous peers were no longer his friends. Instead, they would gather around the watercooler and mock him and complain about him. At the end, he accepted this as normal and, while in the presence of his new subordinates at a watercooler, on purpose said one of his ripe-for-mocking Chandlerisms that he knew would have them all making fun of him behind his back as soon as he left the room.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts