Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to Uber last night. I've been getting some decent fares so a Friday night was sure to be a hit, right? How wrong was I with this? $45 for the night didn't seem bad but it was calculated at about a buck a mile. Ouch! The weekend before, I made more on a Saturday.

Anyway, my last ping for the night was a doozy. A 4.6 rated PAX and I decided to give it a shot. I was being risky tonight and taking anyone rated below a 5.0. Most of them 4.7-4.9 so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and they were all wonderful.

Last PAX of the night? I get the ping and head to the pickup location. It's a residential area but the pin is behind the house I am at, which has all it's lights off. There was no road to get to the pin and I was at the exact address. I call the PAX and told him I was at the address. He says "That's not my address, where are you?" I explained I was at the address he put in and asked if he could change it. His response? "How do I do that?" :eek:

So I explained what he needed to do and he thanked me and hung up. He calls back a few minutes later saying "I can change the destination address but not the pickup address, but the one I have is "close enough" to where I live" and then hung up :mad: After 5 minutes of driving, trying to figure out where this pin was without a road, I cancelled the trip stating the PAX entered the wrong address. I go offline so he can't bother me and guess what? He calls me. Needless to say, I did not pick up and then closed the app.

Long story short. If you don't even know where you live and can't even give me a correct address, then don't bother. There's a reason why you are rated a 4.6!

After 20 trips in 2 weeks, this is my first rider I cancelled on! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I decided to Uber last night. I've been getting some decent fares so a Friday night was sure to be a hit, right? How wrong was I with this? $45 for the night didn't seem bad but it was calculated at about a buck a mile. Ouch! The weekend before, I made more on a Saturday.

Anyway, my last ping for the night was a doozy. A 4.6 rated PAX and I decided to give it a shot. I was being risky tonight and taking anyone rated below a 5.0. Most of them 4.7-4.9 so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and they were all wonderful.

Last PAX of the night? I get the ping and head to the pickup location. It's a residential area but the pin is behind the house I am at, which has all it's lights off. There was no road to get to the pin and I was at the exact address. I call the PAX and told him I was at the address. He says "That's not my address, where are you?" I explained I was at the address he put in and asked if he could change it. His response? "How do I do that?" :eek:

So I explained what he needed to do and he thanked me and hung up. He calls back a few minutes later saying "I can change the destination address but not the pickup address, but the one I have is "close enough" to where I live" and then hung up :mad: After 5 minutes of driving, trying to figure out where this pin was without a road, I cancelled the trip stating the PAX entered the wrong address. I go offline so he can't bother me and guess what? He calls me. Needless to say, I did not pick up and then closed the app.

Long story short. If you don't even know where you live and can't even give me a correct address, then don't bother. There's a reason why you are rated a 4.6!

After 20 trips in 2 weeks, this is my first rider I cancelled on! :rolleyes:
Y0u only pick-up 5.0 rated passengers - Really, Good luck with that,
So you asked if he could change the pick-up address - Really, You do know, Passengers can't change pick-up address after its set,,
If passenger says you are close enough to real address, why are you driving around, just park and wait the few more minutes til you get to five minutes and collect the $5 bucks and Uber On....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y0u only pick-up 5.0 rated passengers - Really, Good luck with that,
So you asked if he could change the pick-up address - Really, You do know, Passengers can't change pick-up address after its set,,
If passenger says you are close enough to real address, why are you driving around, just park and wait the few more minutes til you get to five minutes and collect the $5 bucks and Uber On....
Thanks, I'm not familiar with this and did not know they can't change as I just started last week. I figured they could either enter a new destination or move the pin. I drove around basically for a few house, turned around, went back to original house, waited a few minutes, checked the other house and that was it. They were literally almost attached to each other. Good advice. I've heard enough stories of PAX rated under 4.7 to make me sick. I don't care if they are 5.0 but under 4.7 is where I stopped. I've had a few 3.0 somethings already that I chose to ignore.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Thanks, I'm not familiar with this and did not know they can't change as I just started last week. I figured they could either enter a new destination or move the pin. I drove around basically for a few house, turned around, went back to original house, waited a few minutes, checked the other house and that was it. They were literally almost attached to each other. Good advice. I've heard enough stories of PAX rated under 4.7 to make me sick. I don't care if they are 5.0 but under 4.7 is where I stopped. I've had a few 3.0 somethings already that I chose to ignore.
i try not to go under 4.6 unless surge, i had last night a 2nd pick-up of an uber poll that was rated a 3.0, he was ok.

also note, a passenger can't set an actual address and set pin, can't do both it's one or the other..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts