Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

If you don’t like it leave

19K views 252 replies 85 participants last post by  UberSail 
Well if that's what makes you happy then great.

However your likely a new driver and haven't yet figured out the costs of doing Uber for a living. I have and it doesn't compensate appropriately for the amount of effort required compared to working a normal job.

For instance I drove an incredible 100,000 miles last year and only cleared after taxes $20,000 to live on. That's actively driving 7 hours a day, every day last year. Not including wait times, or other times online without a trip. That comes out to about 18 hours a day, everyday last year. The most anyone could do because they need to go offline 6 hours to recharge the 12 hours of driving clock.

So let's say I was putting in 10 hours days, that's 70 hours a week of work for $30k before taxes and $20k afterwards.

Heck last year was a GREAT year, the years before it was $15k clear on 85,000 miles. This year is looking to be the same $15k clear.

Why so little? Because there is a LOT of hidden costs in this business, biggest one is putting ones vehicle depreciation into the bank so they have enough to replace the vehicle they are driving.

Car loaners don't qualify Uber as an reliable income source. Your one accident away from walking or using Uber yourself. So it's imperative to have substantial funds available to buy yourself a decent replacement vehicle as soon as possible.

If your just living hand to mouth, then your ripe to fall.

Also another drag is getting deactivated, since your driving more equates to more tickets, Uber supposedly suspends drivers with 3 or more moving violations in three years, but each state could be different according to the deal with the commercial insurance carrier they use.

I'll give you a good rule to follow, set your odometer trip meter everyday and make it a contest to make more on the app, including tips, than the odometer reads everyday.

If you can do that, then your doing great! 👍
Seems OP joined this forum in 2015.

Further, you are advocating that one dollar a mile is a worthy goal.

Maybe OP could teach you a thing or two.

And I've been driving professionally before this forum existed or Uber was a glimmer in Travis Kalanick's eye.

And you have to admit the OP's post is rather newbie like, and only 54 posts in 8 years?

I've only been here a few months and already substantially surpassed his content creation.

So does 'join date' really frigging matter or what you bring the table?

I bring hard learned experience, all the OP has is a whine. 😁

I am the king here and don't you all forget it. 😆
Ha Ha!

Content creation on this forum is a indicator of profitability?

Seems your posts, based on your moniker, would be detail oriented.

One dollar a mile is ludicrous.

i didnt see where he mentioned worthy anywhere, and have you actually seen how many miles we log in a day, counting all miles, It more than 100. BTW, the person who is not allowed to voice opinions or to have a rant every ow and then, these are the individuals that wind up hearing voices and hiding in a book repository taking shots at anyone driving by.
So, you're the one that was laying prone on the grassy knoll?

By the way, the miles logged during a day is normally controlled by the decline button

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.