Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
No u don't get paid any money off that shit are you kidding me lol? I'm sorry anyone still taking NON SURGE RIDES IS EITHER a fool or simply does not know any better. I hope you at least know not to accept POOL EVER
lol Pool only on 2x surge. don't accept 2nd ping unless surge is higher than first surge.

but I just felt like posting that pic. I think it's the general answer people will have to your question haha
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
lol thank god
Not gonna lie. I still take non-surge rides here in LA. .90cents. But during Saturday and sunday mornings. less traffic and sitting in traffic will kill you with these measley .15cents a minute.

But definitely a lot more careful of staying put in a known surge area and just waiting it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
I made 110 in 3 1/2 hrs driving yesterday (after fees, before personal expense) and most of my rides were non surged.(I'll post earnings if it matters) The only place non surge rides don't make sense is in the city but DC tends to surge most of the time. Uber is what you make of it

I don't do pool, I don't do drunk areas( i.e. Clarendon at 2am on a Friday) and I don't pickup anyone below 4.6. If I do get a request in a "drunk" area I will call the pax, that 20 second conversation will tell me everything I need to know about the pax condition and attitude
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,240 Posts
I made 110 in 3 1/2 hrs driving yesterday (after fees, before personal expense) and most of my rides were non surged.(I'll post earnings if it matters) The only place non surge rides don't make sense is in the city but DC tends to surge most of the time. Uber is what you make of it

I don't do pool, I don't do drunk areas( i.e. Clarendon at 2am on a Friday) and I don't pickup anyone below 4.6. If I do get a request in a "drunk" area I will call the pax, that 20 second conversation will tell me everything I need to know about the pax condition and attitude
guess you doing the burbs, and are getting on average longer rides
that's good, but of course it takes more miles to make more money, at $1 per
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
I tend to go where the pax take me and then make the best out of the area that I am in. I wouldn't drive to DC from Springfield just for the surges but if I'm in ne and nw is surging then yes I'll make the 5 minute drive.
Personally I prefer the suburbs as the miles are easier on the car and pax tend not to talk. Not that I'm anti social but just tired of being interviewed by every pax, the same "how do you like uber?" And "what else do you do ?" questions over and over again.

I know uber isn't making any friends with its drivers but I'm perfectly fine with it. There isn't a right or wrong way of doing it just finding what works for you in particular. Either way I can't be mad at the company that paid all of my February bills by driving through the storm in 3 days, given that my alternative would be sitting around drinking and then pushing for OT at my 9-5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you are kidding. If your goal is to make the most money in the least amount of time then there is a right & a wrong way. Uber loves people that think like you currently are. But if driving 30miles for $25 is working for you then ...

FYI it would take you 30min in light traffic to get to d.c. and you would make more doing only surge rides im sorry doing anything but surge is idiotic but to each his own. By the way a Snowstorm is an anomaly.

On that note @t5condra can you drive me to new york city, i will pay you what uber pays you after their cut, $0.75 per mile. Deal?


....Let us pray for those doing non-surge rides. Amen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Most of the new drivers are completely fine with it. 95% of my rides are from drivers getting no surge. The other 5% are surge like 1.2-1.5, so still cheaper than Uber rate from 2013-15. Which doesn't cost much since my trips are all short except for airport. (For airport, I get on app way ahead of time and book the ride when it's zero surge.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,240 Posts
Which doesn't cost much

since my trips are all short
except for airport. (For airport, I get on app way ahead of time and book the ride when it's zero surge.)
So not only do you NOT drive for Uber anymore,but STAY criticizing the people that do, you are now the the same type of pax all drivers love to hate!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most of the new drivers are completely fine with it. 95% of my rides are from drivers getting no surge. The other 5% are lie surge like 1.2-1.5. Which doesn't cost much since my trips are all short except for airport. (For airport, I get on app way ahead of time and book the ride when it's zero surge.)
Sad.
Do you tip these drivers​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts

Sad.
Do you tip these drivers​
Yeah, almost always. There are rare instances where I don't have cash on me though.

My rides aren't that short, but we're talking like 2-3 miles in traffic going from home to downtown.

The drivers never have a problem with it, they're usually sitting around waiting, bc there's always a lot of cars near me. And I'm in a good area for a pickup after dropping off. It's not that bad. But yeah the fare is like $5-6 depending on the traffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
So not only do you NOT drive for Uber anymore,but STAY criticizing the people that do, you are now the the same type of pax all drivers love to hate!!!!
I'm not criticizing you personally. I'm saying that ubers actions are rational, even though I didn't want to keep driving for Uber. And I'm fascinated by the dynamic that goes on in the head of Uber drivers who have stayed with Uber despite several rounds of rate cuts, the incredible saturation, the fact new drivers will gladly work for a net of $10/hr, and the reality that Uber considers pax valuable and "partners" disposable trash.

I'm not saying you personally are lazy or dumb or trash, but I think it's pretty obvious that's how Uber thinks of its drivers. Uber can't wait to automate and eliminate drivers completely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I hope you are kidding. If your goal is to make the most money in the least amount of time then there is a right & a wrong way. Uber loves people that think like you currently are. But if driving 30miles for $25 is working for you then ...

FYI it would take you 30min in light traffic to get to d.c. and you would make more doing only surge rides im sorry doing anything but surge is idiotic but to each his own. By the way a Snowstorm is an anomaly.

On that note @t5condra can you drive me to new york city, i will pay you what uber pays you after their cut, $0.75 per mile. Deal?

....Let us pray for those doing non-surge rides. Amen.
Why can't people online state their opinion without being insulting or disrespectful of the opinions of others?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,489 Posts
My morning commute is 50+ miles one-way, I picked up a passenger going in my direction and only added 9 extra miles to my odometer. I made $28 net after SRF and 20% commission. This is one of the few ways to make money, if the trip overlaps your commute. Otherwise it's not profitable.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top