Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are at fault in an accident, will uber deactivate you? Keep in mind you are already a driver,

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Your primary insurance will cancel you and then Uber will deactivate you for not having insurance. After your primary insurance cancels you, you will be blackballed from getting insurance from any respectable company in the future. You will end up getting insurance from some fly by night company owned by Lennie who runs the company out of his garage.

This scenario assumes that you never told your insurance company that you were playing Uber ********* on their policy without their knowledge.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your primary insurance will cancel you and then Uber will deactivate you for not having insurance. After your primary insurance cancels you, you will be blackballed from getting insurance from any respectable company in the future. You will end up getting insurance from some fly by night company owned by Lennie who runs the company out of his garage.

This scenario assumes that you never told your insurance company that you were playing Uber ********* on their policy without their knowledge.
Insurance doesn't drop you after an accident, your premium just goes up, I'm not talking about an accident during driving a passanger, just ab accident driving on your own time

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'm not talking about an accident during driving a passanger
Sorry, bad assumption on my part. If the accident was your fault, you got a ticket and points were put on your license, Uber might hold it against you. I believe that Uber changes their driver qualifications on a market to market basis. I base this on different scenarios I've read from different markets. So I didn't really answer your question and I wasted your time having to read something totally useless.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't waste my time, I got the case dismissed in court, but they did take points, I just don't want uber to creep up out of nowhere later on in an random audit, just like recently they sent me an email saying my vehicle is GET ing deactivated because it's been in an accident as frame damage, it's not a rebuilt title tho, but I have already been working for uber and when I applied I passed the background and all that even Lyft hired me

·
Registered
271 Posts
Be sure to keep in mind the difference between

"What Uberlyft reserve the right to do..." (i.e., deactivate you)​

and

"What Uberlyft actually do in practice..." (i.e., live in constant fear of employee status).​

In your particular case, notice that Uber is threatening to delist your car, not deactivate you. That's because your car can't sue Uber for employee status.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure to keep in mind the difference between

"What Uberlyft reserve the right to do..." (i.e., deactivate you)​

and

"What Uberlyft actually do in practice..." (i.e., live in constant fear of employee status).​

In your particular case, notice that Uber is threatening to delist your car, not deactivate you. That's because your car can't sue Uber for employee status.
your saying I can sue uber if they choose to deactivate me? I understand d,u.i but a car accident can happen to anybody,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts