Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
If the stock falls to $10 a share, would u buy any shares?

I think I might =)
I'll buy when it hits the pink sheets.

Seriously though - I would buy something else. There will be real opportunities to buy real stocks with real earnings, real dividends, with low Price/Earnings ratios and that will recover quickly once the virus is behind us. At least Dara has something to blame when Uber does not go profitable as forecast.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
If the stock falls to $10 a share, would u buy any shares?
Uber and Lyft stocks have NO actual value, they value their equipment and the Drivers in the final equation to show value, however they do not own either. Their only real assets are their Intellectual Technology and Data, neither of which is included in the stock. These are privately held.

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
^^^^This^^^^

If you think it's going to $10 short it now and you can retire. Simple
You can only double your money if it goes to zero. Unless you bet your house, it wont be enough. You might get stopped out in volatility on the way too, leaving you with no house on top of no retirement fund.

·
Registered
814 Posts
^^^^This^^^^

You can only double your money if it goes to zero. Unless you bet your house, it wont be enough. You might get stopped out in volatility on the way too, leaving you with no house on top of no retirement fund.
Ever heard of "Margin" get 3k margin account 4x buy 12k worth of PUTS you can buy about 70. 70x100 so 7000 shares and let it go to 0. But your too late, if had done that a month ago. You you wouldn't have to drive anymore 🤣. Unless you think it can get to $10, Today I shorted Carnaval Cruises CCL, I played conservative, made $300, not bad and car never left the driveway. I wouldn't short U/L now cause I don't think they can go any lower.

Market is tanking.
The Bears are devouring the stock exchange.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Ever heard of "Margin" get 3k margin account 4x buy 12k worth of PUTS you can buy about 70. 70x100 so 7000 shares and let it go to 0. But your too late, if had done that a month ago. You you wouldn't have to drive anymore 🤣. Unless you think it can get to $10, Today I shorted Carnaval Cruises CCL, I played conservative, made $300, not bad and car never left the driveway. I wouldn't short U/L now cause I don't think they can go any lower.
The Uber process says it will <$5.00, at which Uber will buy back all.

·
Registered
814 Posts
This was one of them. It should have received $100 for this trip. 1 hour on a $8 surge and 2 stops. Ya they gave rider a discount and passed the cost to me. &#128578;

And go private again. No more meddling investors or government over sight. Hmm, you might have hit on something here.
I actually didn't think about that. Right now would be a great time to buy their shares back at a %50 + discount. You are on to something &#129300;

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
Ever heard of "Margin" get 3k margin account 4x buy 12k worth of PUTS you can buy about 70. 70x100 so 7000 shares and let it go to 0. But your too late, if had done that a month ago. You you wouldn't have to drive anymore &#129315;. Unless you think it can get to $10, Today I shorted Carnaval Cruises CCL, I played conservative, made $300, not bad and car never left the driveway. I wouldn't short U/L now cause I don't think they can go any lower.

The Bears are devouring the stock exchange.
Shorting stock is completely different than buying Put Options. Yeah, they're both short positions but they're not the same thing.

Your strategy is a great way to have to come up with $9000 on short notice, even if you're right.

The only way to play this market is to have bought LEAP Puts on it in at least two weeks ago or you're too late. Trading it right now is no different than going to the roulette wheel and doing it on margin is a fantastic way to find yourself in bankruptcy. Even a volitility spread is a bad idea because the VIX being so high makes it too expensive a bet for the potential reward.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Shorting stock is completely different than buying Put Options. Yeah, they're both short positions but they're not the same thing.

Your strategy is a great way to have to come up with $9000 on short notice, even if you're right.

The only way to play this market is to have bought LEAP Puts on it in at least two weeks ago or you're too late. Trading it right is no different than going to the roulette wheel and doing it on margin is a fantastic way to find yourself in bankruptcy. Even a volitility spread is a bad idea because the VIX being so high makes it too expensive a bet for the potential reward.
You right! You gotta know what you doing and yes margin account is risky w/ 3k 4x margin you got yourself 12k I'm a day trader you don't have to explain it to me lol
I loaded on SPXS expiring tomorrow. Even if the markets bounce back tomorrow I will be still in the money since I got them a week ago. But futures are already showing 3.5% across down pre-market tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
You right! You gotta know what you doing and yes margin account is risky w/ 3k 4x margin you got yourself 12k I'm a day trader you don't have to explain it to me lol
I loaded on SPXS expiring tomorrow. Even if the markets bounce back tomorrow I will be still in the money since I got them a week ago. But futures are already showing 3.5% across down pre-market tomorrow.
Nice! Congrats on big win!

I will tell you though, loading up on front month options a week before expiration is the probably the easiest way to nuke your account from orbit, despite being right. Thank god I always saw margin as a suckers bet or I'd probably still be paying for it &#128518;

·
Registered
814 Posts

I will tell you though, loading up on front month options a week before expiration is the probably the easiest way to nuke your account from orbit, despite being right. Thank god I always saw margin as a suckers bet or I'd probably still be paying for it &#128518;
You right. I was just suggesting that as a desperate measure. All or nothing. Most likely nothing lol

·
Registered
814 Posts

If we had shorted Uber this morning we would have made some lunch money lol. The market it's too volatile right now. Best to stand on the side lines and nibble here and there.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Anteetr & Uber burn in hell,
I have read all of your comments and understood more about the stock market. I was introduced to Robinhood App a year and half ago and I have been buying stocks whenever I feel I have a couple hundreds extra. I bought 3 tesla stocks when it was $115, and 100 Uber when it dropped to $26 a few months ago. I also have some stocks that pay high dividends like Canada Bank, Exxon Mobil, Pfizer...
by Valentines day, Tesla reached $900 and Uber $44. I had around $8000 in my portfolio, which $3800 was the money I invested, the rest was profit and dividends.
Last week, all my profit was wiped because of Corona, but I am sure the market will go up again and I am planning to add more Uber and Tesla stocks to my portfolio because I believe that in 5 years from now there will be less public transportation like buses, taxis and maybe trains. I also believe that 30% of U.S drivers will be driving Tesla.
what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
I have read all of your comments and understood more about the stock market. I was introduced to Robinhood App a year and half ago and I have been buying stocks whenever I feel I have a couple hundreds extra. I bought 3 tesla stocks when it was $115, and 100 Uber when it dropped to $26 a few months ago. I also have some stocks that pay high dividends like Canada Bank, Exxon Mobil, Pfizer...
by Valentines day, Tesla reached $900 and Uber $44. I had around $8000 in my portfolio, which $3800 was the money I invested, the rest was profit and dividends.
Last week, all my profit was wiped because of Corona, but I am sure the market will go up again and I am planning to add more Uber and Tesla stocks to my portfolio because I believe that in 5 years from now there will be less public transportation like buses, taxis and maybe trains. I also believe that 30% of U.S drivers will be driving Tesla.
what do you guys think?
Stocks stop at zero &#128514;

All kidding aside, I think both stocks are extremely overvalued. I think Tesla is the DeLorean of this generation. While the cool factor is there, the build quality is not. Furthermore, the less expensive gasoline gets, the less it makes sense to choose one over a normal car. They're also about to see no bullshit competition for the first time in their existence from real carmakers like VW and GM in short order. That will lead to margin compression and they're already a cash furnace as is. Finally, and most importantly, their debt level is astronomical and any economic decline leaves them extremely vulnerable to bankruptcy. I believe they're an actual zero.

I don't believe uber is a zero. The rideshare business of transporting pax is cash flow positive today. Most of the other nonsense they're involved with is not. They're overvalued because of hype and speculation about self driving cars, which are decades off and won't be brought to market by them when it happens. That being said, their balance sheet is strong, and with some tweaks, they have a viable business, but not one worth $55 billion. I think their actual worth is 60%-80% lower than that.

Were I an analyst and not corrupt like most of them, I would have a strong sell rating on both.

·
Registered
814 Posts
what do you guys think?
I'm more of a options traders, day trader and swing trader. I don't go long in stocks. I also made a ton of $ in December then in January I changed my strategy and took a hit. Btw I drive a Tesla paid by Tesla stocks lol. That I kept swing trading back from October. I'm very familiar w/ TSLA. If you are an investor I would wait a little longer. But definitely TSLA is a machine that ppl don't understand. Test drive one, it will blow your mind. TSLA is so far ahead of the competition I say about 10 years. 93 million miles of real world self-drive while waymo is in the thousands, mostly simulation. The cruise lines also may be a good investment, right now they are at a 50% discount. UPS, BA. But let me remind you this companies are taking a huge loss of profit right now and when EPS is due. They are not going to have much to show for. TSLA I would be careful specially. This is far from over and if the market turns bearish, you gotta play wisely

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.