Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair enough for Taxis the replacement of the 2010 Ford Falcon Lpg Wagons/Sedans - now the fleet trend is Toyota Camry varieties Hybrid/Altisse E10 etc.
Bit "fair suck of the sav"! I saw this pax get out of HC PLATE silver camry from back left seat - struggling to get out, swinging his legs at an angle to exit and the chap was not tall not large build. Oh what feeling! NOT!!
I mean if someone is willing to pony up the dosh for Limo Service You want a marvellous motor car of precisio mn LUXURY machinery turning up.
Or is this the Uber EL-CHEAPO version of luxury??

By the way - there is nothing wrong with toyota cars - as John Laws used to say:
"You can't kill it with a stick"!

So what will turn up next with HC plates
a SMART Car ?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Fair enough for Taxis the replacement of the 2010 Ford Falcon Lpg Wagons/Sedans - now the fleet trend is Toyota Camry varieties Hybrid/Altisse E10 etc.
Bit "fair suck of the sav"! I saw this pax get out of HC PLATE silver camry from back left seat - struggling to get out, swinging his legs at an angle to exit and the chap was not tall not large build. Oh what feeling! NOT!!
I mean if someone is willing to pony up the dosh for Limo Service You want a marvellous motor car of precisio mn LUXURY machinery turning up.
Or is this the Uber EL-CHEAPO version of luxury??

By the way - there is nothing wrong with toyota cars - as John Laws used to say:
"You can't kill it with a stick"!

So what will turn up next with HC plates
a SMART Car ?
View attachment 155672
There was a dispensation made for Hybrid vehicles in regards to the minimum size. Wheelbase needed to be 2800mm or more for Petrol/LPG/Diesel cars.

The smaller size allowed Prius's to carry HC plates.

Yes you are right, MANY people simply assumed a HC car was a LWB car with ample space such as Caprice. Then felt totally ripped off when a Camry arrived

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I enquired a few months before the decision to stop issuing HC plates, and my Camry Hybrid was eligible to carry HC plates. I decided to not take the option because Uber would not accept HC plates on an UberX car.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I enquired a few months before the decision to stop issuing HC plates, and my Camry Hybrid was eligible to carry HC plates. I decided to not take the option because Uber would not accept HC plates on an UberX car.
Just as well. Otherwise it would have been a CH HC. Ur in the middle and before you know it it, it has almost become a church.
Throw in a priest, who is a bit touchy, feely, and what started out as a good idea is now a royal commission.
Just dodged a bullet, I reckon. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.