Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it beautiful? It's like a sea of red potentially green vomit everywhere. Been solid red in thorold/brock/ for two hours now. I'm just jealous. Not brave enough to deal with the kids.I would post in Niagara Region but no one's there lol

Anyone out doing the St Paddys grind tonight in the hammer?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
I killed it today. My best Uber day ever. Lots of hours but it wasn't bad.

I left to go home at 2:40am and Hamilton looked like it just got nuked. It still had 3.0+ surge. I was just so tired.

I could have easily topped $400 for the day if I hung around another hour. Clocked in at $368 for roughly 12 hrs.

Here's Hamilton surge just before 3am

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah the hammer delivered today for sure!! I went out about 9-ish and came home at 320 made about 205 plus 10 in tips. Surge was nice for a change

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Best Uber day ever also, $338 for 13 hours on the App. Was in St. Catharines and Thorold. Started at 9pm, went to 3am. Made $240 in 6 hours, $100 in 7 hours during the day. Congrats guys! Also, get this at 3am when I was done for the night got a ping for a 686KM trip to Englewood Ohio. Would have been 7 hours ETA. With stops it would have taken me a day to get there and back. Maybe net another $650/700 net? Would that have been worth it? That would have been a 13 hours day plus a 7hour trip starting at 3am. Then being stuck in Ohio. Would anyone else have done it? Also, I will drive tonight but it will be back to reality and humbling taking $6 fares after last night. Congrats again guys. First poster, I am Thorold/St. Catharines too. Drove in St. Kitts until 1am and then the surge changed to Niagara Falls. Surprising I did just as well in Falls. Turned down several non surge trips so I could get the surge. What happened last night??? Last year St. Patrick's day was a bust compared to last night.

I am in Niagara, surprising Brock kids aren't usually that bad. What a great night for a change, Halloween was probably the same. 3 nights doesn't make a year but driving last night was easier then NYE and better money. Haven't checked T.O. forums, curious how they did.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
That crossed my mind. I have always turned down runs to Niagara Falls New York Airport. Thinking about it, a 7 hours trip only nets $500 after gas, 14 hours total return time plus stops. Food, etc... Maybe not worth it??? 686 total km...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That crossed my mind. I have always turned down runs to Niagara Falls New York Airport. Thinking about it, a 7 hours trip only nets $500 after gas, 14 hours total return time plus stops. Food, etc... Maybe not worth it??? 686 total km...
The niagara falls airport in the states is about a 30 minute drive from thorold. I don't know how you're getting road trip pings but to answer your question no I wouldn't do it lol. I honestly can't fathom driving 14 hours after already being on the road for a couple of hours. Plus Uber cuts out after $150 I hear so imagine trying to deal with support trying to get that $700 fare while telling them you crossed the border to do it.

Definitely not worth it. I mean I got dragged out to Niagara on the Lake the other day and was upset about the 20km of dead head to get back home so maybe it's just me lol

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I agree. That's why I turned it down. Plus, it was 3am. The guy had been trying since 2am to get a trip to Ohio. Even, if I pulled an all nighter and made the trip I would have to sleep when I arrived. Sleeping in my car and then returning, after food and gas it would be counter productive for a day. That being said, taking runs to Toronto is worth it. Thy always originate out of Falls and not St. Kitts. $160 for rider, we get $120. Even with dead time back and an empty car after gas it's a $100 flush for us for 3 hours. I would rather compile some of those over a few months then one spur of the moment trip to Ohio. I know of two secret hangouts where students live and make trip requests to Toronto and Mississauga from Niagara Falls at 9 to 10am Saturday mornings. I got lucky and had a three week stretch where I received such requests every Saturday. Lucky in some sense, because where live is close to these locations and I have the app on sitting at home. I made my $100 and it really saved my weeks. Sometimes often making more on one of these Saturday morning runs and being back by after lunch then driving Monday to Thursday or Friday. At one of these secret locations I had someone ask me the Uber price to Brampton and I gave him my number and we might work out a cash price. The individual needs to stay a few hours and then needs a return trip back. If we can phase out the Uber cut it's a win win for both of us. Going to Niagara on the Lake is a crapshoot. Taking people there is worth it, you are still making money even though there is dead time back. Picking people up in NOTL is only worth it if it's a $20 trip somewhere. There are lots of workers that want a 5 minute ride or winery hoppers for $5. Such is life in Niagara.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It was the Bunny Hop. Crazy busy! But that being said, there was no surge after 10pm until 12:30pm. Not sure from 12:30pm to 2:30am. Did the surge start at 6pm? Heard that that the Bunny Hop started at 6pm. I am thinking you might have got one to surge rides but it was awfully quiet from 11pm to 11:30pm so I went home. Over saturation of cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts