Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s better to open a new thread, if you think your rider is an *******, you can’t rate them low as they will know that you’re the one who rated them and give you a low rate in revenge.

To be honest, there will be not that many 5 stars for riders if I can rate them low, for example, talking shit, being arrogant, eat in your car, drink in your car. But apparently we can’t do that

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
It's better to open a new thread, if you think your rider is an *******, you can't rate them low as they will know that you're the one who rated them and give you a low rate in revenge.

To be honest, there will be not that many 5 stars for riders if I can rate them low, for example, talking shit, being arrogant, eat in your car, drink in your car. But apparently we can't do that
Just give them a 1* & log an issue report to Uber if it's serious enough.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
It's better to open a new thread, if you think your rider is an *******, you can't rate them low as they will know that you're the one who rated them and give you a low rate in revenge.

To be honest, there will be not that many 5 stars for riders if I can rate them low, for example, talking shit, being arrogant, eat in your car, drink in your car. But apparently we can't do that
Vic, I believe a rider's rating is only updated on a weekly basis, so the rider does not get an immediate indication of your rating for them.

Also, many riders do not even know that we are able to rate them.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
In the drivers app, go to Driver Profile(Your riders will see this) -> Fun Fact

Enter the terms and conditions you expect the PAXHOLES to abide by in YOUR vehicle

Mine is:

Dear Rider
- No Food
- No Drugs
- No Alcohol
- No Luggage/Packages on seats
- No Pets and,
- No kids below 7 years

in my car please !

Kindly shut the doors gently when you alight

Much Appreciate your understanding

Cheers, Hugh
Keep your wits about you when approaching PAXHOLES, keep the doors locked and talk to them thru the passenger window, ensure the car is positioned for a quick exit, keep the car in gear and ready to go. Don't go up driveways or any enclosed area where you need to reverse out, or cannot leave quickly.

If I see someone is even attempting not to abide by these I say " MY CAR - MY RULES... for a ride in my vehicle you should check my profile - Fun Facts ", then I cancel and drive off before the ride starts.

I don't waste my time arguing, or discussing it. All you generally get from the PAXHOLES is "the other UBER drivers let me", I respond "good for them, your ride is cancelled, why dont you call one of them !"

Drive around the corner to safety and write report saying "PAX attempted to enter car with alcohol, I did not feel safe " etc

They cannot rate you, the ride never started.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Enter the terms and conditions you expect the PAXHOLES to abide by in YOUR vehicle

Mine is:

Dear Rider
- No Food
- No Drugs
- No Alcohol
- No Pets and,
- No kids below 7 years

in my car please !

Much Apreciate your understanding

Cheers, Hugh
Keep you wits about you when approaching PAXHOLES, keep the doors locked and talk to them thru the passenger window, ensure the car is positioned for a quick exit, keep the car in gear and ready to go. Don't go up driveways or any enclosed area where you need to reverse out, or cannot leave quickly.

If I see someone is even attempting not to abide by these I say " MY CAR - MY RULES... for a ride in my vehicle you should check my profile - Fun Facts ", then I cancel and drive off before the ride starts.

I don't waste my time arguing, or discussing it. All you generally get from the PAXHOLES is "the other UBER drivers let me", I respond "good for them, your ride is cancelled, why dont you call one of them !"

Drive around the corner to safety and write report saying "PAX attempted to enter car with alcohol, I did not feel safe " etc

They cannot rate you, the ride never started.
LoL, I should dress like a mafia maybe

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
But you won't be often using Uber right? I only used Uber for like 5 times in 3 years scop
You shouldn't worry about your rating as you only get rated on your last 500 rated trips. If you don't want someone back in your car rate them a 1 and send a message to uber about the poor behaviour of the rider. It is important to send the message as the uber staff will unpair you when you request it. If you only rate them a 1 it is still possible you will get them back as there may be no other driver around to take them.

Uber love to make there drivers feel fear and will push you around if you let them ... Their app use to be simple and pure without all these arguments in their coding which didn't exploit the drivers. Uber have been waging a battle on the drivers psyche for profit for a long time now using strategies many gaming platforms use.

Don't worry about it. It isn't worth it literally. Just use Uber the way you would like too and if you don't want someone in your car don't take them. If they deserve a 1 give it to them. I find the painful customers are usually only small fares anyway so let them 1 you it's fantastic. If you get a 1 from the customer you wont get them back and that solves the problem of having to deal with them ever again. I have actually asked passengers to 1 me so I never get them again ... They don't know what to say to me when that happens ... it is rather amusing to see their expression when you take there big bad 1 threat away from them.

So respect yourself and stand up for yourself ... if you provide a great car and great service the passenger has to also prove they are worthy to ride with you. If they are not 1 them and report there poor behaviour. You don't need bad passengers as well as trying to make a profit.

Im over ratings, badges, and heat maps. who cares I just want to do a great job and get on with it ... I actually want to be busy and work. not have counter productive mind games thrown in for Uber's pleasure ... Flick Them :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You shouldn't worry about your rating as you only get rated on your last 500 rated trips. If you don't want someone back in your car rate them a 1 and send a message to uber about the poor behaviour of the rider. It is important to send the message as the uber staff will unpair you when you request it. If you only rate them a 1 it is still possible you will get them back as there may be no other driver around to take them.

Uber love to make there drivers feel fear and will push you around if you let them ... Their app use to be simple and pure without all these arguments in their coding which didn't exploit the drivers. Uber have been waging a battle on the drivers psyche for profit for a long time now using strategies many gaming platforms use.

Don't worry about it. It isn't worth it literally. Just use Uber the way you would like too and if you don't want someone in your car don't take them. If they deserve a 1 give it to them. I find the painful customers are usually only small fares anyway so let them 1 you it's fantastic. If you get a 1 from the customer you wont get them back and that solves the problem of having to deal with them ever again. I have actually asked passengers to 1 me so I never get them again ... They don't know what to say to me when that happens ... it is rather amusing to see their expression when you take there big bad 1 threat away from them.

So respect yourself and stand up for yourself ... if you provide a great car and great service the passenger has to also prove they are worthy to ride with you. If they are not 1 them and report there poor behaviour. You don't need bad passengers as well as trying to make a profit.

Im over ratings, badges, and heat maps. who cares I just want to do a great job and get on with it ... I actually want to be busy and work. not have counter productive mind games thrown in for Uber's pleasure ... Flick Them :)
Thanks for you advice, yes I should not be so worried about it. I should be focusing on providing good service instead. Just a few bad riders turned me down a bit, but still a lot more great riders.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Vic, I believe a rider's rating is only updated on a weekly basis, so the rider does not get an immediate indication of your rating for them.

Also, many riders do not even know that we are able to rate them.
That's true, a lot of people have been surprised when they hear this

Mine is:

Dear Rider
- No Food
- No Drugs
- No Alcohol
- No Pets and,
- No kids below 7 years

in my car please !

Much Appreciate your understanding

Cheers, Hugh
Why no kids under 7?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Why no kids under 7?
Initially when rideshare was introduced into QLD, unlike taxis, we were not permitted to carry kids without applicable child car seats.

Then they changed the law so we could. As someone who has assets I have no intention of going through a civil liability case if a child under seven in my vehicle is injured in an accident, becomes a vegetable, then possibly results in the parents years later going after me in a civil action on the advice of some no-win, no-pay lawyer.

In my years prior to Uber I have been involved in damages in civil liability cases, it went on for years, never again.

I'm absolutely astounded at the number of irresponsible parents who think nothing of putting a child in a vehicle without the appropriate child car seats.
  • I ask them to look at this 40 second video, which I have on my phone
  • I send them a preformatted text (in clipboard) explaining why I will not accept the ride.
  • I cancel the ride for safety reasons (after the mandatory 5 minutes)
  • I get the cancellation fee
  • I get a thankyou from UBER "If having children in your vehicle without a car seat makes you uncomfortable, you are welcome to politely decline the trip for that reason."
I witnessed one of the rent-a-car women try to set up a child car seats in a minivan, I've seen her before and she has kids. It took her nearly 20 minutes.

Attached is also why I don't take kids in their parents provided child car seats, also I do not carry one in my vehicle. In QLD the driver is legally responsible for "SAFE INSTALLATION" and also to ensure that seat is compliant with standards and the seat is not too old. I dont have the time or inclination to do this. WHY BOTHER ??

• You might have the best restraint there is, but if it is not put in properly it is not going to provide protection the child needs
  • Although most parents are using the right seat for their child these days, the majority of parents have trouble ensuring the seat is installed correctly.
  • At least 90 per cent of parents made mistakes, found a study by Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA), which watched as parents read manuals and then attempted to correctly fit and install a child-sized mannequin in a rear-facing restraint.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Fair enough, understand your point. That video shows kids not buckled in at all though. The Mother wasn't even buckled in the back. Just so people know, we have to have all kids buckled into a seatbelt over 12 months and they should not ride in the front.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That video shows kids not buckled in at all though
More for the mums with babies, or young ones, that say " I can put him/her on my lap, don't worry I can hang onto them !"

The video implies the kinetic energy in a thirty kph crash is like dropping your child on it's head from a 3 storey building, the article/pdf says:

At the higher speed (56km/h) , the crash tests applied the same amount of energy that would be experienced in a fall from a five-storey building to test the degree to which a restraint protects a child.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
we have to have all kids buckled into a seatbelt over 12 months and they should not ride in the front.
As I stated earlier I choose not to participate for the reasons below.

Years ago we had a young family member involved in such an accident. Children under 7, or undersize children, buckled into a seatbelt without a proper "booster" seat will sustain numerous injuries in a crash.

The Medical Journal of Australia published and article "Seatbelts and the law: how well do we protect Australian children?" outlining the injuries received by children: https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2007...aw-how-well-do-we-protect-australian-children
https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2007...aw-how-well-do-we-protect-australian-children

Also see "Injury Patterns for Booster Aged Kids NOT USING Boosters"
http://thecarseatlady.com/injury-patterns-for-booster-aged-kids-not-using-boosters/

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

This is what I do....give them 5* and then
Mark a star next to my mileage reading in my log book for that day, two weeks down the track, go back to my log book, find the star next to the date, go to my trip history, find the trip, change my rating to one and report the trip.
I've done this lots of times and it must really peeve the passenger off as they don't know who rated them a 1, I find it a satisfying payback...revenge is a *****.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a creepy rider tonight as my last trip, destination trip so I guess I couldn’t see their ratings? I wasn’t paying attention anyway. This riders made me feel sick, act like a psycho, making strange noisiest through his mouth, till a moment I said: could you stop doing that, it’s not funny.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Got a creepy rider tonight as my last trip, destination trip so I guess I couldn't see their ratings? I wasn't paying attention anyway. This riders made me feel sick, act like a psycho, making strange noisiest through his mouth, till a moment I said: could you stop doing that, it's not funny.
Report him. If they do not take seriously go in and talk to them.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Got a creepy rider tonight as my last trip, destination trip so I guess I couldn't see their ratings? I wasn't paying attention anyway. This riders made me feel sick, act like a psycho, making strange noisiest through his mouth, till a moment I said: could you stop doing that, it's not funny.
The thing about Uber driving, is you find out what the public is like, and there are some strange people out there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts