Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Nop , might work rarely but you will be shocked how hard people try to fit things into small places lol

Oh and I have been in a fit , Honda I mean :) those things are roomy !! Luggage room is lacking but 4 dudes or chics fit well .

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would uber say/do if they could see I canceled or refused trips due to luggage not fitting? Would honda fit still be an uberx?

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is an option when canceling before starting the trip: 'Too Much Luggage' that cancels trip, doesnt charge driver (not sure if it counts against driver, it shouldn't) but Uber doesn't record this as a permanent preference. You will go to SFO, with 3 people, 3 large bags... fully loaded in a Fit.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
There is an option when canceling before starting the trip: 'Too Much Luggage' that cancels trip, doesnt charge driver (not sure if it counts against driver, it shouldn't) but Uber doesn't record this as a permanent preference. You will go to SFO, with 3 people, 3 large bags... fully loaded in a Fit.
That's not a solution because they look out for "unusual habits" for this to be successful he would have to do it at a frequency that matches other small cars like his.

I don't think uber will give him a headache about it but let's say he goes in cause a guarantee wasn't applied due to the cancellation , they will take a peek and quickly notice his cancellations are unusual not to forget Uber doesn't show most of us the complaints from riders which there will be from the 4 people cancellations .

Still nothing to worry about , I cancel rides anytime I don't feel like as long as they haven't got in the car , I will go very far to avoid an awkward moment lol

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not a solution because they look out for "unusual habits" for this to be successful he would have to do it at a frequency that matches other small cars like his.

I don't think uber will give him a headache about it but let's say he goes in cause a guarantee wasn't applied due to the cancellation , they will take a peek and quickly notice his cancellations are unusual not to forget Uber doesn't show most of us the complaints from riders which there will be from the 4 people cancellations .

Still nothing to worry about , I cancel rides anytime I don't feel like as long as they haven't got in the car , I will go very far to avoid an awkward moment lol
But doesn't uber threaten to deactivate for High cancel rate?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
But doesn't uber threaten to deactivate for High cancel rate?
It never comes to that since we have a big room to work with for cancellations

It used to be a problem when we drove surge only cause you would cancel none surge rides or low surge rides , they sent something like you are cancelling more rides than other drivers each week and never did anything about it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It never comes to that since we have a big room to work with for cancellations

It used to be a problem when we drove surge only cause you would cancel none surge rides or low surge rides , they sent something like you are cancelling more rides than other drivers each week and never did anything about it.
Why don't you cancel once they got in the car? I have.
Also, if they haven't gotten in, how do you cancel if they are watching?
And how many cancels can i get away with before deactivated? Uber off told me at 10% they warn, kicked off at 25% but they look at last 60 days

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Why don't you cancel once they got in the car? I have.
Also, if they haven't gotten in, how do you cancel if they are watching?
And how many cancels can i get away with before deactivated? Uber off told me at 10% they warn, kicked off at 25% but they look at last 60 days
I only cancel rides if people are rude lol last two days were so rough cause I kept ending up 100 miles from home at 2am !

You can get away with a lot but if you have to cancel so many why not just stay home ? I haven't seen anyone get deactivated for canceling ever

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
It looks to be all about your average number trips done / the ones you accept or ignore. Just got my email and Text
Font Parallel Number Rectangle Document
Font Line Office supplies Office equipment Rectangle

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I simply text "number of passengers and full size luggages?", and send this if dissatisfied:
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

Funny, but the Indian SUV guys lurking our airport swear they NEVER get my castoff pax....guess they decided to try their luck with a less picky driver, and opted down to X instead

Maybe they're STILL stuck in a Honda Fit somewhere????

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
We do NOT have cancel room, its the one thing they're legally confirmed to be allowed to axe for

Its acceptance that doesn't matter anymore

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
We do NOT have cancel room, its the one thing they're legally confirmed to be allowed to axe for
Define room?

I have 13 this week, then going back in time is 11, 10, 11, 12, etc... I do 100 rides per week. 85%-90% acceptance for the same periods.

I think that's plenty "room" for reasonable behavior. I do cancel for long distance trips. I'm brutal quick with the no-show cancels on no surge X, not even bothering with cancellation fees. (2 minutes for Pool I'll wait for)

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Define room?

I have 13 this week, then going back in time is 11, 10, 11, 12, etc... I do 100 rides per week. 85%-90% acceptance for the same periods.

I think that's plenty "room" for reasonable behavior. I do cancel for long distance trips. I'm brutal quick with the no-show cancels on no surge X, not even bothering with cancellation fees. (2 minutes for Pool I'll wait for)
Legal decision says you can have 1% acceptance and it still won't matter, can't be deactivated

However, an unknown and invisible cutoff quota for cancels CAN be set

All the airport lurkers are like "don't like it don't accept - but stop cancelling too Mich it'll get you fired"

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
the settlement hasnt been approved yet the judge wants more concessions from uber. yes they can fire you for cancels. they are also still threatening for acceptence a well. and they are auto adding pools now so cancels will go up, ratings will go down, and more people will be fired.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yesterday I had a nice/smart/understanding/etc rider who texted me they were going to Oakland. Right after I got to the city FROM Oakland, and with a 30+ backup in both directions.

I texted back that the bridge was totally clogged up and wouldn't be able to do it, and canceled without reservation. I'm not seriously worried about cancel rates getting me deactivated. I am worried they'll start disqualifying hourly guarantees, but this was right before the 4pm one started.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Legal decision says you can have 1% acceptance and it still won't matter, can't be deactivated

However, an unknown and invisible cutoff quota for cancels CAN be set

All the airport lurkers are like "don't like it don't accept - but stop cancelling too Mich it'll get you fired"
What "legal" decision? You can't fire an independent contractor.. We have the right to accept or deny "contracts" as we are approached with them.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have a ton of cancels.. And I regularly get "too many trips canceled" warnings. Each week I get these emails I respond telling them it is my understanding that I am an independent contractor, and since Uber does not pay employment benefits/taxes, then they have to respect our working relationship as such. I also highlight the fact that when Uber continues to send me pings after I have already selected "Go offline" and proceeds with additional questions if I am sure I don't want to keep driving, it makes it impossible to truly go offline immediately when I do not want further pings.

EVERY single time Uber's response to my warning response has been to tell me that the email warning was sent to me in error and "not to worry, your account is in good standing."

I have maintained a high rating for 1.5 years and my account has never been affected otherwise. Don't let them intimidate you into thinking they can control your working environment and still benefit by calling you a contractor. It's one or the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Honda Fit. Airport rides are no problem. I do about 80-100 airport trips a month - more if I am going for a power driver bonus.

Most of my pax are business travellers leaving the penisula and tourists leaving San Francisco.
The majority of trips to the airport are domestic for 1 week or less and that is usually one-two bags for 2 people.
International rides are about 15% of my trips and their luggage has always fit.

Surprisinly it fits 3 (THREE!) full size suitcases in the trunk.
I take people to the airport every morning from San Mateo (usually 1-2 pax) and then probably 2-3 more times per day in the Honda fit.
Out of 3500 rides only twice did I carry 4 passengers to/from the airport. Usually the max is three from a POOL ride and they all fit nicely.
The luggage has never, ever been a problem.

And I include
1) the 3 lovable spaniards with 3 large suitcases and small bags
2) the unfrogettable german couple with the baby and car seat, with 2 large suitcases full of gifts and 2 carryons who had been visiting family in Oakland for 3 weeks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts