Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber is terrified that drivers, now independent contractors, may be reclassified as employees, Uber has fought many legal battles since 2014, across the country, to prevent this from happening:
If this were to happen, Uber would be forced to:
  • Pay minimum wage for service workers (like waitresses) if they receive tips otherwise normal minimum wage.
  • Treat drivers averaging over 30 hours per week as full time employees. Meaning they get benefits including health insurance, unemployment insurance and a pension plan.
  • Pay overtime to employees working over 40 hours per week.
  • Vacation and sick days. Maternity leave.
  • Adhere to the fair labor standards act and all state laws on employee rights.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
To be honest, i dont think this list is that great. I make "close" to minum wage now... So what are they going to do, give me a .50 cent per hour raise ?

Medical ? Ive worked for places that offered "a type" of medical, but i ended up paying so much out of my pocket, i might as well have got it all on my own !

Work over 40 hours for Uber ? Even on weeks when I'm in my car close to 40 hours, Uber says i was logged on 25...? So i will need to work 60 hours a week to start getting a few extra dollars ? Forget it.

And for all of this, Uber can now tell me when to work, how much to work, and force me to accept every ride they give me ?

No thanks. The last thing in the world id want, is to be an employee of such an ef'ed up company as Uber !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts