Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I'll highly reconsider taking a pool back from Rosemont or any far place thinking there will be no problems. Got a STOOL PAX ping that was headed to downtown after setting DF to downtown. I'm thinking I don't want to eat the miles so I'll give it a try. Got a young female PAX, with a "Poor man's 'daddy's girl attitude' ". Asked PAX where she was headed & she said I'm not sure, just trying to get to the bean. yadda , let's get to the good part.

So, the Uber pool ride was ok up until we reached downtown when I finally got a ping from the 2nd pool PAX which was short. I dropped off 2nd person before daddy's girl. PAX seemed a bit irate but whatever. As I'm driving southbound on Michigan ave approaching Monroe and come to a red light, this moronic PAX said to me, "I think I'm just going to get out here.".
To give you a good visual display , I was on the farthest left lane and there was a car speedily approaching on right side 2nd lane heading southbound on Michigan ave/Monroe st. That car was nearly a few inches away from the span of the opened the door. I don't think this idiot thought about looking behind and just opened it narrowly missing a car accident waiting to happen.

I froze and wanted to yell at her "Stop !! You can't do that because you're going to get hurt and cause an accident!!" Well, I didn't because I have a dash cam and want Uber to see it in case she decides to contact Uber about this. Come to think about it, if she got into an accident, I'd have had the safe reassurance that it was her fault for opening the door in the middle of the road.

So I replied back to her ," ummmmm Ok! Just be careful and it's not safe to get off here!" I know this was the worst reply I could have said and probably should have told her "No!, you cannot get off here!" but she had already opened the door at the same time she said "I think I'm just going to get out here" What was I going to do? Force her to stay and have GOOBER screw me over. She didn't even give me a chance to stop her!

So, I called the Uber safety line to report her ass. told them I had a dash cam with video surveillance footage of the incident and had it ready if they needed proof. They said they would e-mail me back about this but I never got an e-mail. I'm going to call them back because if this was a uber rider kicking a PAX out in the middle of the road, automatic DEACTIVATION!! Right?

Well, they didn't call me back so I'm going to have to contact Uber safety line again to make sure this idiot gets deactivated or penalized just as others do.

This time, I scored one for the team to teach these people a lesson.

Also, She was sitting in the back seat and opened the door on the right side. Now this PAX was high or just had a tough attitude because she could have opened the door on the left side which probably would have been the smart thing to do. Instead she opens the right side door.

idiotpax.png

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry about the customer. I can imagine how disorienting the experience can be. Now, imagine you were a cabbie, and that the crazy was a cash-paying customer that decided to jump out on busy south-bound Michigan Ave. From Rosemont to the Loop, you'd have about $40-$50 on the meter.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Uber won't do a damn things besides apologize and say you won't be matched with her again, will she get deactivated you ask? Absolutely not if anything she'll get a warning IF that. Ppl do shit like that all the time. You are not gonna win. Uber will thank you for sharing the deets and video to show they are concenerned. But nothing MAJOR happened so it's a wash. Good u have a dash came just in case there was an accident. Your lucky there wasn't. Count your blessings as I have before and carry on. GL

·
Registered
989 Posts
Very true. This is the exact reason I have a dash cam and will continue to use it. None of my PAX have had a problem with it and if they do, I'll simply state it's legal to operate a dash cam for safety issues in Chicago.

reason #246 to have a dash cam. People will act in dumb/dangerous ways that you can't even imagine.
Nice to see that Uber has our backs..... But of course, Uber has to favor someone and it better be the customer.....

Uber won't do a damn things besides apologize and say you won't be matched with her again, will she get deactivated you ask? Absolutely not if anything she'll get a warning IF that. Ppl do shit like that all the time. You are not gonna win. Uber will thank you for sharing the deets and video to show they are concenerned. But nothing MAJOR happened so it's a wash. Good u have a dash came just in case there was an accident. Your lucky there wasn't. Count your blessings as I have before and carry on. GL
True, true. That's a nightmare and I can imagine some idiot PAX doing that.

I can imagine how disorienting the experience can be. Now, imagine you were a cabbie, and that the crazy was a cash-paying customer that decided to jump out on busy south-bound Michigan Ave. From Rosemont to the Loop, you'd have about $40-$50 on the meter.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I occasionally have pax that try to pile-out unexpectedly in dangerous places.

I'm considering keeping my doors locked when transporting, but not sure if it might effect my ratings. I have done it on occasion when taking late night car-loads of revelers into extremely active bar scenes.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've seen some ppl say on here that they just have the "camera recording in progress" sticker without even have a dash cam and they say it works. I can see that maybe that would make ppl more well behaved then the animals they sometimes are.

They say the falcon 360 is the best but like more noticeable with the extra bulk added to your current mirror and then the 2 cameras just out there very visible unless they are both pointed towards the front which would make it more pointless but as everyone mostly has one pointing front and one for rear

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, there are those PAX that also don't even care if you have a dash cam recording. Those tend to be the people with too many screws loose.

I've seen some ppl say on here that they just have the "camera recording in progress" sticker without even have a dash cam and they say it works. I can see that maybe that would make ppl more well behaved then the animals they sometimes are.

They say the falcon 360 is the best but like more noticeable with the extra bulk added to your current mirror and then the 2 cameras just out there very visible unless they are both pointed towards the front which would make it more pointless but as everyone mostly has one pointing front and one for rear

·
Registered
427 Posts
Glad there wasn't an accident And good thing you have s dash cam like me. What was here name, so we can put her on our black list?? Also always lock the doors so nobody try's to get in or OUT!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know that Mr. Admin would like it if I posted her name but Ill give the first 3 letters. Lex...

Glad there wasn't an accident And good thing you have s dash cam like me. What was here name, so we can put her on our black list?? Also always lock the doors so nobody try's to get in or OUT!

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Unfortunately, there are those PAX that also don't even care if you have a dash cam recording. Those tend to be the people with too many screws loose.
It's about covering your own arsssse. If anything bad happens it amounts to "you said, he said" until the dust settles

Whipping out the footage saves you lots of grief----just make sure to grab and secure that memory card after any incident.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True. I'm still going to keep hounding Uber safety about this to make sure that they follow up with me. I don't want to get into any further action if Uber is going to take any sides.

It's about covering your own arsssse. If anything bad happens it amounts to "you said, he said" until the dust settles

Whipping out the footage saves you lots of grief----just make sure to grab and secure that memory card after any incident.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Great! That's where I'll post the name :) Thx!

What forum is that?? I've checked and can't seem to find it. I'll keep searching
It's in the Chicago section started a week or two ago.

Unfortunately it's not stickied, so maybe it'll slide-off to obscurity.

But the point, is: Admin didn't get involved in any negative way.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I occasionally have pax that try to pile-out unexpectedly in dangerous places.

I'm considering keeping my doors locked when transporting, but not sure if it might effect my ratings. I have done it on occasion when taking late night car-loads of revelers into extremely active bar scenes.
My car locks itself automatically after 10 seconds and I never had any problems with pax. I have been driving for Uber part time for over 18 months, does not affect my rating at all

1 - 20 of 32 Posts