Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
All 5 stars is great and you should be proud of a job well done, Rey.

A passenger taking time and effort out to write is asking a lot. In 129 trips, I've had 3 notes and 4 (really cool & spiffy) badges.

Getting all 5's for your first 30 rides is really very good. Most folks and me included normally take a dive.

Really, you should be proud and happy you have done so well. And they will come.

Uber on!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree, it's normal. Many don't bother to rate you, once they get out of the car they aren't really thinking about it. Like Danny3xd said, don't worry too much if your rating drops, once you get more rides under your belt it averages out.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Is this normal? All of them have been 5 star ratings but have yet to receive any pax compliments.
As the trip ends, tell them "Thanks for being a great rider, I'll be sure to give you 5 stars, appreciate it if you take the time to rate me too." Show them the app and you rating them.

Obviously, if there was an issue say nothing.

If you don't actually want to give a 5, wait a few days and you can change it. Go to account (in the app), trips and fare review, then pick the trip and go to rider feedback.

I rate everyone 5 at first in case they are checking their rating, then change all non tippers after a week or so.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Is this normal? All of them have been 5 star ratings but have yet to receive any pax compliments.
There was an update to the rider app back in November. As a result of the update, riders are no longer prompted to rate the driver in the same way as before. This means that a rider who was happy with the ride is less likely to bother rating you, while an unhappy rider is more likely to spend the effort giving you a low rating.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
This is the new normal. I use to get at least 70% rated trips, now down to about 20%. Hopefully this also means its harder to down rate you, but I'm not sure about that...

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
1 in 10 is a little low. I used to have 60-70% leave a rating but only 121 out of 7600 have bothered to leave a comment. Since the app change, I am seeing 30-40% leaving a rating.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I've noticed most riders have no idea that drivers rate them as well.
I always tell them about their great star rating. Since I started doing this, my ratings went up in stars and how often riders rate me. The funny part and just human nature, my riders are friendlier and more generous. I mean as people. Not as tippers. Since most don't tip, i don't expect one. And I wasn't doing this regularly or enough to have an experienced opinion on how much it has increased tips.

But they sure do smile more.

:D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
As the trip ends, tell them "Thanks for being a great rider, I'll be sure to give you 5 stars, appreciate it if you take the time to rate me too." Show them the app and you rating them.

Obviously, if there was an issue say nothing.

If you don't actually want to give a 5, wait a few days and you can change it. Go to account (in the app), trips and fare review, then pick the trip and go to rider feedback.

I rate everyone 5 at first in case they are checking their rating, then change all non tippers after a week or so.
I used to do the bolded when I started, and got quite a few ratings resulting in a good personal rating. That was the first month.

Then this last (2nd) month, I haven't been doing it. Consequently, I seem to be getting less 5 star ratings, but still the same number of occasional poor ratings. My personal rating's been slipping a bit too, though is still reasonable. I suspect those pax rating poorly are more motivated than those that simply have an uneventful trip. So I think I'm going to give the good-trippers a little incentive, such as you've done.

I also started taking some pools to meet incentives, and I have a gut feeling they result in somewhat less stellar pax experiences - even when they go fine. My theory is: We've gone from a taxi driver, to a bus driver.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I ask for a 5 star rating quite often. They don't seem to mind and out of 180 rides I have 79 5 stars.
I'm now onboard with you.

After posting above about my slipping rating, I had shit-ton of rides Saturday night and actively asked the rides that went well (virtually all) for a 5 star rating. My rating went up 0.03 on a base of around 100 previous ratings! Previous to that I was only occasionally getting rated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts