Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Cool - any tips on best location to pick up / drop off and avoid traffic?
Yea I was thinking the same thing. Couple of weeks ago at the Coldplay concert , so much traffic. Is there a place we can park that's nearby so we don't have to hit all the traffic, etc

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yea I was thinking the same thing. Couple of weeks ago at the Coldplay concert , so much traffic. Is there a place we can park that's nearby so we don't have to hit all the traffic, etc
Lot D and K are uber/limo pickup lots. Close to Rt 3 for exit. Please stay offline in the lot until the surge is at least 4X or above. I've seen it in the 6's there recently at Guns and Roses 2 weeks ago

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I worked one night of the guns and roses concerts...it was a complete cluster F, I got a ping at 3.5x I think (don't remember exactly) and I was forced by several parking "security" people to pick up at Lot D. Took me 30 minutes to get to Lot D, and these idiot pax end up going to the Meadowlands Hilton. They could have walked there faster then it took them to wait for me to get them. A whopping $13 fare and I think a $5 tip. It was my fault though for not asking where they are going prior. I won't make that same mistake..

The main problem is that getting to Lot D from where I was located, I (along with about 500 other cars) were being squeezed into a road (2-3 lanes maybe?) that runs between 2 parking garages, then hooks right to get to Lot D area. Then you make another right and Lot D was on the right.. Lot D was full and they were having cars just keep looping around. I was camped out in a spot near Lot D earlier and they made me leave, I ignored the first guy but the 2nd guy came with a state trooper.

My advice is either get to Lot D very early to get a spot, or find a spot near Lot B as I parked there for the soccer game last time and had no problem getting my pax to meet me there and jetting out onto Rt 3.

Don't go online until surge hits 4x minimum

G

·
I remember when Springsteen was here during the winter. Went there after an hour of the show, 5.4 surge. 11 miles and made $60 something after uber fees plus they gave me tip. Home within a hour. Easiest ride ever!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I worked one night of the guns and roses concerts...it was a complete cluster F, I got a ping at 3.5x I think (don't remember exactly) and I was forced by several parking "security" people to pick up at Lot D. Took me 30 minutes to get to Lot D, and these idiot pax end up going to the Meadowlands Hilton. They could have walked there faster then it took them to wait for me to get them. A whopping $13 fare and I think a $5 tip. It was my fault though for not asking where they are going prior. I won't make that same mistake..

The main problem is that getting to Lot D from where I was located, I (along with about 500 other cars) were being squeezed into a road (2-3 lanes maybe?) that runs between 2 parking garages, then hooks right to get to Lot D area. Then you make another right and Lot D was on the right.. Lot D was full and they were having cars just keep looping around. I was camped out in a spot near Lot D earlier and they made me leave, I ignored the first guy but the 2nd guy came with a state trooper.

My advice is either get to Lot D very early to get a spot, or find a spot near Lot B as I parked there for the soccer game last time and had no problem getting my pax to meet me there and jetting out onto Rt 3.

Don't go online until surge hits 4x minimum
What? Call pax. Find out where they are going. 2 min away....tell them the wrong lot. Wait 5 and cancel and cherry pick the long distance. Jeez

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lot D is where to go. If it's a short ride then go back right away. It should be surging for a good hour after the match. I did the same for the Copa final and Coldplay. If you're in the traffic getting into the lot just the pax know. At worst you get the cancellation fee. At best you have the clock running after 2 minutes at 4.4 while it takes you time to get to the lot. Go and park right next to a pole. It makes it easier for you and them to get to you.

G

·
Lot D is where to go. If it's a short ride then go back right away. It should be surging for a good hour after the match. I did the same for the Copa final and Coldplay. If you're in the traffic getting into the lot just the pax know. At worst you get the cancellation fee. At best you have the clock running after 2 minutes at 4.4 while it takes you time to get to the lot. Go and park right next to a pole. It makes it easier for you and them to get to you.
anks

Ok thanks. Lot D it is, I wasn't sure if security lets you in or not to wait.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They let you in no problem. Just make sure you get there about 30 minutes before the match ends, this way you can get the first ride relatively quickly. So get there at 9-915. Game is at 730. Also, if you're coming on 3 west. Take the sheraton plaza drive way. Easiest way to get to Lot D. If you're coming from the Turnpike, same deal.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
When Lot D fills up, then they tell you to drive around the stadium, then you get stuck in the mess of traffic and it will take you forever to get to Lot D again..

G

·
They let you in no problem. Just make sure you get there about 30 minutes before the match ends, this way you can get the first ride relatively quickly. So get there at 9-915. Game is at 730. Also, if you're coming on 3 west. Take the sheraton plaza drive way. Easiest way to get to Lot D. If you're coming from the Turnpike, same deal.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
From JC/ Hoboken, take the second sports complex exit. Go right, then right into Lot K. HUGE sign: PICKUPS LOT K. Easy in/ easy out. Avoids the garages. I was able to do 2 4.4x's Saturday and 3 4.4×'s Sunday of Coldplay. The buses to Port Authority board there too, and lost concert goers who can't find taxis show up there late. Plenty of room to park and chill and wait for the surge to hit 4.4.
Oh yeah, Lyft prime time was 400% that Sunday, but I just did Uber those nights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts