Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From one driver to all the other drivers, do not be silly , do not keep U/L in business in this area driving the outskirts of the city of Austin, destroying your cars and helping U/L in business.
You make only pennies, the money is in the city of Austin. The price of the mile they are paying without surge is a real joke.
Stop and think.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just stopped driving for Uber (not registered with Lyft) because it is simply not profitable to drive into Austin and not get a fare once you're there and have to leave Austin in order to get another fare.

The only way that is going to work is to have GetMe and any other app on that will allow you to get a ride in Austin to get back outside of Austin. But if you do that then why even log on to Uber to begin with?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Yeh I wonder how long before the drivers start disappearing from the suburbs. I just can't see many drivers continuing to go online for very long as the long waits for fares starts to take its toll. I went online 3 hours this week and got 0 hits. Not a total loss at all as I was online only during my commute and so didn't drive any extra miles looking to get a ping. I just left work (my area of south Austin is not COA) and when I eventually pulled into my driveway (drive by Rollingwood which is also not COA and live in Cedar Park which is also good to go) waited a minute or two and then went offline. Every day this week and nothing (which was never the case for me) . So I feel for those folks who are really activley working the suburbs trying to compete with the 10-20 other cars (usually only like 5 guys out there).

Again I think this will start to drop off as folks realize this is a) really boring and frustrating and b) just not profitable.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Uber & Lyft leaving was a blessing in disguise for both drivers & pax ... drivers are rewarded by higher per mi rates (Jan 2015 X rates); and pax are rewarded with no surge.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Uber & Lyft leaving was a blessing in disguise for both drivers & pax ... drivers are rewarded by higher per mi rates (Jan 2015 X rates); and pax are rewarded with no surge.
Sadly, it seems the most vocal proponents on social media are those bemoaning the GM $25+ ride to the airport, opposed to $13.
I tell them this is an artificially deflated price which, if it becomes the "norm" would rely on the most desperate drivers, which a sure fired quality and safety killer.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I would be ashamed to offer a friend or a family member less than $20 for a ride to the airport.
Heck ... my friend offered me $50 to take him to the airport from Mopac/290

1 - 9 of 9 Posts