Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same problem for me on 10/13/21 Thursday.

Reposted from another thread:

Today I was reactivated by Uber and I drove for a couple of hours.

I had a problem on my 4th and last drive today. It was a guest ride. When I arrived at the pick-up point, I got a message saying to call the person. I tried (once through cellular and once through data), but got an automated message that sounded like it was from Uber. The person was a no-show, but the app wouldn't let me cancel the ride no matter what option I chose. So I accepted the ride, then tried to cancel it immediately, but the app wouldn't let me. It wouldn't let me complete the ride either. The app kept saying Uber was having technical difficulties.

So I started driving towards the destination since it was only a few miles away. I tried cancelling and completing the ride on the way, but with the same result. I arrived at the destination and tried again, but with the same result. I got a message from Uber Safety since the app still thought I was on a ride but had stayed still for too long. So I called them through that message. I told the support person my problem, and she documented it and said she would give it to something like the live app team.

Then I uninstalled the Uber Driver app, and reinstalled it. Same problem.

About 30 minutes later, the ride disappeared and the app was in its default offline state.

About 2 hours later when I re-opened the app, the bad ride was somehow back... I also got a message from Manleen at Uber: "Thanks for letting us know about this outage. We're working on it, and hope to have it fixed soon."

I have a hard time believing this was an actual technical difficulty.

Triangle Font Rectangle Circle Logo
Organism Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Brand

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just realized that with this bugged ride, my allowed driving time has been decreasing. It went from over 10 hours when I took the bad ride, to under 2 hours now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts