Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of you, I used to complain about how Lyft and Uber treat their drivers badly etc...
Until today, I realize, that without them, most of us will not have the luxury to work whenever we like, be our own boss, and pocket a nice lum sum every week. Even without a car, you can lease one and work hard enough, you can still make a buck or two.

The bottom line is, we should support Uber and Lyft to fight the big governments, who want to regulate everything and anything that money is involved. Voice our opinion against bad press about the company, post nice things and thank-you notes about the companies we're so glad to work with (not work for). If there's an issue with payment, ride fare and the likes, we just need to deal with them internally and they should address our concerns accordingly.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you !!!

What would you do without Uber and Lyft right now? Personally I think most of the people who complained are already having a fulltime 9-5 job, rideshare driving is just their part-time/hobby to make a little more. That's why they don't appreciate the given opportunities.

God Bless Uber
God Bless Lyft
God Bless Queen Elizabeth XVXVXVX

·
Registered
112 Posts
Personally I think most of the people who complained are already having a fulltime 9-5 job, rideshare driving is just their part-time/hobby to make a little more. That's why they don't appreciate the given opportunities.
Actually you are in the wrong on that sentence above. The people who complain the most are the ones that are leasing a Toyota Camry and have to pay $450 per week and then complain about the rates, surges, etc. The ones that took the bait and jumped head in by those sexy incentives of "Guranteed $2400 per week are now seeing signs saying, Guaranteed $1400 per week".

As more and more ride sharing apps join the market, you already knew this was going to be a competition market to get rates as low as possible so that the RIDERS are the one that is attracted.

I joined the TLC, KNOWINGLY what I was getting myself in to February of this year. My vehicle was fully paid off and so was my insurance. And I am making it all back without any headaches, worries and bill collectors. I have no worries about getting up in the morning, taking my kids to school, working for 6 hours, making 150-180 bucks and then go back home to my family to rest for the remainder of the day.

If you're coming to this business with $0 then you better expect to hustle hard, if you don't know anything about hustling then you should be working at a department store, stocking sneakers or something of that sort making $10 bucks an hour. This morning I went out for a ride, turned on Juno and took 5 rides and made a quick $150. Now I am home, its 4pm, hanging out with my family.

Uber/Lyft/Juno on fellas!

·
Registered
112 Posts
that's an unrealistic stat.
Not necessarily in NYC, but that includes TLC licensing I believe, which essentially proves the point of Government Regulation and excessive fees.
NYC Lease to Own Camrys comes with a package deal from the Leasing companies such as American Lease. These TLC Vehicle leasing companies attract customers such as the ones with poor credit, can't qualify for a lease + TLC insurance or other legal problems such as IRS, etc.

Yes, unrealistically these leasees are paying an average amount of $450 per week to their leasing company. Each payment must be paid in full by Sunday evening/Monday morning or else they remotely kill the starter on their vehicle. It is unreal but it is real here in NYC. And this is why these Camry lease-to-own drivers are the ones most to complain.

I wish more of these drivers would educate themselves before jumping on the bandwagon. Such miserable faces I see on the roads every day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like most of you, I used to complain about how Lyft and Uber treat their drivers badly etc...
Until today, I realize, that without them, most of us will not have the luxury to work whenever we like, be our own boss, and pocket a nice lum sum every week. Even without a car, you can lease one and work hard enough, you can still make a buck or two.

The bottom line is, we should support Uber and Lyft to fight the big governments, who want to regulate everything and anything that money is involved. Voice our opinion against bad press about the company, post nice things and thank-you notes about the companies we're so glad to work with (not work for). If there's an issue with payment, ride fare and the likes, we just need to deal with them internally and they should address our concerns accordingly.

What would you do without Uber and Lyft right now? Personally I think most of the people who complained are already having a fulltime 9-5 job, rideshare driving is just their part-time/hobby to make a little more. That's why they don't appreciate the given opportunities.

God Bless Uber
God Bless Lyft
yea yea yea who going to pay my car maintains if I do I go negative. not buying your bull I need a raises here in Phoenix we get .905 a mile do the math

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
What would you do without Uber and Lyft right now?
Well i'm driving a taxi and making far more than i could ubering without putting miles on my car... After gas/tolls/rental i'm keeping 60% on average of taxi fare+ tips (sometimes more sometimes less 60% is the long run average)

Not all cab companies are as good as the one i'm working for, i'll give you that. But at the end I'm complaining because i know that every day that uber continues on things get worse for the uber drivers...

The number of drivers at the cab company i Drive for is dwindling, 1 cab company already went under. As business falls the number of drivers will fall, and keep things afloat for the ones who are left. I know that the company i drive for will weather this because they are diversified out the wazoo and there will always be a need for some taxis. Uber won't completely take over...

If uber fails in 5 years this cab company i drive for can drop a million on new cars to get their numbers back up to pre uber numbers, I'm under no delusions that most companies won't have these kind of resources in 5 years.

I just have more faith that one of the biggest charter bus companies in florida will survive 5 years than uber will. And that's really what it is, a company that has diversified itself so much that it can do away with it's taxi division and still be a presence... It's far more likely that it will cling on with an ever shrinking fleet of cars, until this ride sharing thing blows up and the government cracks down and says NO.

Reactions: X-X_Driver

·
Registered
415 Posts
To OSC,
That's quite a nice dream you're having. Now wake the heck up and join the real world!!! Be grateful to uber, ok,whatever.

·
Banned
2,567 Posts

God Bless Uber
God Bless Lyft
Nice try Travis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts