Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wondered WHO provide this forum to us? There are no ads, no fees, and few requirements for data that could be used in data-mining. Who pays the bills. What is their intent? What do they get out of it? Who are they sponsored by and/or affiliated with? What is their country of origin (if any).

I sent a message like this to the "contact us" link at the bottom the page, but have not received a response.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I have always wondered WHO provide this forum to us? There are no ads, no fees, and few requirements for data that could be used in data-mining. Who pays the bills. What is their intent? What do they get out of it? Who are they sponsored by and/or affiliated with? What is their country of origin (if any).

I sent a message like this to the "contact us" link at the bottom the page, but have not received a response.
This site is secretly funded by a gentleman named Travis Kalanick. Travis has over 2300 personnel analyzing the statements and questions on this site. The information provided by this site aids Travis in keeping the rates down for Uber's customers. I was in the men's room at Uber HQ in San Francisco earlier this year and I overheard a conversation that Travis was having with one of his analyst. Travis stated that he could not believe the amount of negative and hateful remarks about Uber on this site yet the ignorant drivers continue to keep operating for pennies a mile. I overheard him say that he wanted to play the "how low will you go" game. His analyst remarked with "I bet the idiots will still drive for $.50/mile." Maybe we need to start posting in code. Thoughts?

What is their intent? What do they get out of it? Who are they sponsored by and/or affiliated with? What is their country of origin (if any).
I thought your next question was going to be "Can you use it in a sentence?"

·
Premium Member
59,808 Posts
This site is secretly funded by a gentleman named Travis Kalanick. Travis has over 2300 personnel analyzing the statements and questions on this site. The information provided by this site aids Travis in keeping the rates down for Uber's customers. I was in the men's room at Uber HQ in San Francisco earlier this year and I overheard a conversation that Travis was having with one of his analyst. Travis stated that he could not believe the amount of negative and hateful remarks about Uber on this site yet the ignorant drivers continue to keep operating for pennies a mile. I overheard him say that he wanted to play the "how low will you go" game. His analyst remarked with "I bet the idiots will still drive for $.50/mile." Maybe we need to start posting in code. Thoughts?

I thought your next question was going to be "Can you use it in a sentence?"
And as soon as a match arrives for O.P.'s kidneys, its off to the auction he will go !

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The costs of maintaining this site is somewhat deferred by "contributions" from several sponsors that are allowed to create posts promoting their products, which is normally not allowed. Sponsors may be identified by this tag under their avatar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts