Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 2 7.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from one of my riders the other day that some taxi companies charge for each additional person that comes into their car.

Now my question is, why can't uber allow us to charge the cardholder for each additional passenger that they bring on? Say like an additional 2 dollars per head.

If uber did do such a thing, do you think that would reduce the amount of people trying to cram in 6-8 people in a 4 seated car. I mean 7x2=14 additional dollars.

Good idea or bad idea?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard from one of my riders the other day that some taxi companies charge for each additional person that comes into their car.

Now my question is, why can't uber allow us to charge the cardholder for each additional passenger that they bring on? Say like an additional 2 dollars per head.

If uber did do such a thing, do you think that would reduce the amount of people trying to cram in 6-8 people in a 4 seated car. I mean 7x2=14 additional dollars. Been there done that: I've written feed back to uber about all this subjects tipping, additional Paxson fees all for maintenance,expense cost but they truly don't give a shit about "partnerships" rates are better in the third world can't believe this is going on here,

Good idea or bad idea?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Good in theory, but in practice, the passenger will just start to refute that there were more than one passenger on the ride and that they didn't agree on the charges.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good in theory, but in practice, the passenger will just start to refute that there were more than one passenger on the ride and that they didn't agree on the charges.
U could have them sign a form to agree to the extra charges. I mean many companies do this for a variety of things, so why not uber? Plus if taxi cabs are doing it then why isn't uber? Uber would still get their cut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Uber has UberXL. I have alwasy looked at it as Uber paying you for your available seats. Don't get me wrong, I would like more money as well, but the only reason Uber is kicking the crap out of taxis is because of its low prices.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Uber should ask how many passengers there are when the ride is requested. This will do two things.

1. It will allow Uber to send the correct size and number of vehicles.
2. It will allow Uber to charge per passenger.

This will result in higher earnings for Uber and the driver. It will also stop those groups that try to squeeze more passengers into a vehicle than seat belts.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I've been saying this for awhile. My bet is that they do it at some point. A lot of Drivers would abuse it though. They're looking for more money...irs obvious, with the new driver rate percentages

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uber should ask how many passengers there are when the ride is requested. This will do two things.

1. It will allow Uber to send the correct size and number of vehicles.
2. It will allow Uber to charge per passenger.

This will result in higher earnings for Uber and the driver. It will also stop those groups that try to squeeze more passengers into a vehicle than seat belts.
This actually sounds very plausible!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Bad idea. Taxis almost always charge per ride, not per passenger, so it's what customers expect and would just piss them off. Raising Uber prices til they match or exceed taxi rates won't help us.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Taxis add a per-pax fee
Thats what I was trying to say, I always get people who are trying to put 5 or 6 people in my car and I can only have 4 in my car, maybe if these people knew about this fee they would quit trying to cram this many people in someone's car.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thats what I was trying to say, I always get people who are trying to put 5 or 6 people in my car and I can only have 4 in my car, maybe if these people knew about this fee they would quit trying to cram this many people in someone's car.
I see your point, but one dollar extra on a surge is nothing. They're trying to get as many people as possible home on a surge. I am referring to the everyday ride to add a per pax fee.

They will never stop trying to cram. Some drivers do it....some dont! It's a crap shoot & they know it

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
They should just allow even uberx drivers to upgrade on a group to XL rates, riders would realize they are paying the same while getting a smaller car and the drivers are going to let them do it anyway. Only those drivers that know or care that it is illegal won't do it and after about a month it will stop all together anyway.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
They should just allow even uberx drivers to upgrade on a group to XL rates, riders would realize they are paying the same while getting a smaller car and the drivers are going to let them do it anyway. Only those drivers that know or care that it is illegal won't do it and after about a month it will stop all together anyway.
This would work about as well as ALL drivers having a "pax was drunk" button.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
This would work about as well as ALL drivers having a "pax was drunk" button.
A pax was drunk button would do nothing as Uber doesn't care, pax being charged more for trying to skirt the rules would cause them to change quick. The quickest way to invoke change is through the wallet.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see your point, but one dollar extra on a surge is nothing. They're trying to get as many people as possible home on a surge. I am referring to the everyday ride to add a per pax fee.

They will never stop trying to cram. Some drivers do it....some dont! It's a crap shoot & they know it
Here they try to do it whether it is a surge or not. They don't care.

·
Banned
450 Posts

If uber did do such a thing, do you think that would reduce the amount of people trying to cram in 6-8 people in a 4 seated car. I mean 7x2=14 additional dollars.

Good idea or bad idea?
Great idea
How much you think is fair to charge for any additional passenger?
We would consider how far they go?
Are they drunk or sober?
Overweight?
Sex?
Do they have luggage?
There are many variables to take in consideration
Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts