Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new - 46 rides. Picked up some folks at ballgame last night during surge. They were staying at hotel at I-20 and Cooper. I took them up 360 and over I-20 to get to Cooper. We were able to go full speed the whole way and I figured it was faster than going across town on Division, etc. One person remarked that I was taking a different route than they had come to get to game. I told them that we would get to their hotel faster this way. I think, when they saw saw their surge fare, they thought I took them on a longer route to drive up the prices and they apparently gave me one star. I went from 4.94 to 4.79.

Should I have mentioned surge pricing to them to prepare them?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wouldn't ever mention surge, if you're going to take a route that is other than the recommended route, I always just say "hey is it cool if we go this way it will be faster for you". Let it seem like it was their decision.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
I'm fairly new - 46 rides. Picked up some folks at ballgame last night during surge. They were staying at hotel at I-20 and Cooper. I took them up 360 and over I-20 to get to Cooper. We were able to go full speed the whole way and I figured it was faster than going across town on Division, etc. One person remarked that I was taking a different route than they had come to get to game. I told them that we would get to their hotel faster this way. I think, when they saw saw their surge fare, they thought I took them on a longer route to drive up the prices and they apparently gave me one star. I went from 4.94 to 4.79.

Should I have mentioned surge pricing to them to prepare them?
Don't worry about it! You did great and your rating will rise back in the 4.85 range pretty quick. I would have taken the same route. I am 2 year veteran with more than 1000 trips. The other way has bumpy roads and lots of traffic. Surge will be extinct one day. They spent 100s of dollars on tickets and food and drink. You deserve the money. Just do more trips soon and you will be very happy. Uber rounds The number up to 4.8 and that s still very good! 4.85 would still show a 4.9 , a 4.9 is About the max anyone can keep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry about it! You did great and your rating will rise back in the 4.85 range pretty quick. I would have taken the same route. I am 2 year veteran with more than 1000 trips. The other way has bumpy roads and lots of traffic. Surge will be extinct one day. They spent 100s of dollars on tickets and food and drink. You deserve the money. Just do more trips soon and you will be very happy. Uber rounds The number up to 4.8 and that s still very good! 4.85 would still show a 4.9 , a 4.9 is About the max anyone can keep.
Thanks uberparadise. A few encouraging words make a world of difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts