Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
This thread is cruel and heartless. Every time I see it I feel like a boy again, holding hands with my girl Jeanine in 4th grade. A time when there was nothing but future ahead of me, a time when I dreamt of being an astronaut and a spy and a brain surgeon and driving a trash truck all at the same time. Because back then the trash truck drivers always rocked satin shirts (a little 70's culture for you millennial types.)

In those days I'd never seen a dog get hit by a car or my friend die trying to quit drinking. I never even imagined someone would intentionally fly an airplane into a building.

My parents were very smart people. They provided a loving, stable home for us, got us regular fluoride treatments, remodeled the kitchen, and very early in the game realized the importance of the home computer. Indeed, it was nothing but future for the young duck.

When I see the title of this thread, just for that brief moment I'm taken back there. Just for a moment I'm on a long walk through the mountains with my dad, I'm at the batting cage, I'm at the racetrack with my grandfather hanging out with Scatman Crothers and Mel from Mel's Diner.

And then it all crashes down. Again and again and again. I can go back and read the title and maybe fool myself once more but then reality hits like a baby being ripped from the mothers breast by a bucket of boiling water.

You don't get to be young again. Get used to it.
Um... Did your dad have a bright green head like you.

I don't drive at Disneyland bro! It's crazy out there! One guy that I referred, he stayed over there for 3 days and got 11 trips lolz, all short trips :)))
I know you don't. I was just messing with you. I was thinking the other day, what happened to that rocket man that hates Disneyland so much. I agree with you. There's no money in it but if you're an OC driver with a rides incentive...

This thread is cruel and heartless. Every time I see it I feel like a boy again, holding hands with my girl Jeanine in 4th grade. A time when there was nothing but future ahead of me, a time when I dreamt of being an astronaut and a spy and a brain surgeon and driving a trash truck all at the same time. Because back then the trash truck drivers always rocked satin shirts (a little 70's culture for you millennial types.)

In those days I'd never seen a dog get hit by a car or my friend die trying to quit drinking. I never even imagined someone would intentionally fly an airplane into a building.

My parents were very smart people. They provided a loving, stable home for us, got us regular fluoride treatments, remodeled the kitchen, and very early in the game realized the importance of the home computer. Indeed, it was nothing but future for the young duck.

When I see the title of this thread, just for that brief moment I'm taken back there. Just for a moment I'm on a long walk through the mountains with my dad, I'm at the batting cage, I'm at the racetrack with my grandfather hanging out with Scatman Crothers and Mel from Mel's Diner.

And then it all crashes down. Again and again and again. I can go back and read the title and maybe fool myself once more but then reality hits like a baby being ripped from the mothers breast by a bucket of boiling water.

You don't get to be young again. Get used to it.
Jokes aside, you're a good writer man.

Loved the nostalgia!

Brings back memories of the good old days. Before Travis existed. Very good days at that

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.