Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today 1st ride (airport) pax asked me to take the 407. I took 404 instead since no traffic and it worked out ok.

However, another ride today asked for 407 as well (late for work type of deal). I called them on my way to p/u location and told them that I will only do it for an extra $10 since at that time I had no idea if uber would reimburse me for the toll (don't have a transponder). Pax claimed that she was told by another uber driver that I would be reimbursed.

Post trip I looked at the details of the fare breakdown and I believe I was smart to ask for that tip after all.

- 23.7kms trip distance (17min 18sec) (38.1kms including back to my place)

• $18.61 earnings minus $12.27 (etr website estimate[toll + trip fee + camera fee]) + 11.69 uber estimated toll refund [$8.35 toll - 0.40 tax + 3.74 HST = $11.69] = $18.03 minus $7.62 gas & wear and tear (38.1kms total including getting back home via hwy7) = $10.41 NET gain + $10 tip = $20.41
  • Uber marks down the $11.69 as "refunds and expenses" under transaction weekly log

Trip would have taken 50minutes including getting back home. Glad I asked for that extra $.

Now truth be told, I did get a couple of more shorties on my way back to my place via DF but still ..... this 407 trip is utter bull****

I hope I won't get too many of these 407 trip requests. They don't seem too profitable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,537 Posts
Today 1st ride (airport) pax asked me to take the 407. I took 404 instead since no traffic and it worked out ok.

However, another ride today asked for 407 as well (late for work type of deal). I called them on my way to p/u location and told them that I will only do it for an extra $10 since at that time I had no idea if uber would reimburse me for the toll (don't have a transponder). Pax claimed that she was told by another uber driver that I would be reimbursed.

Post trip I looked at the details of the fare breakdown and I believe I was smart to ask for that tip after all.

• $18.61 earnings minus $12.27 (etr website estimate[toll + trip fee + camera fee]) + 11.69 uber estimated toll refund [$8.35 toll - 0.40 tax + 3.74 HST = $11.69] = $18.03 minus $7.62 gas & wear and tear (38.1kms total including getting back home via hwy7) = $10.41 NET gain + $10 tip = $20.41
  • Uber marks down the $11.69 as "refunds and expenses" under transaction weekly log

Trip would have taken 50minutes including getting back home. Glad I asked for that extra $.

Now truth be told, I did get a couple of more shorties on my way back to my place via DF but still ..... this 407 trip is utter bull****

I hope I won't get too many of these 407 trip requests. They don't seem too profitable.
Keep winning Bro. Keep winning

·
Registered
371 Posts

If you are in the 905, then a TRANSPONDER is a necessity. You can write off any expenses incurred by renting the transponder, and the $1 fee even with the transponder, that Uber never seems to reimburse...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep, I don’t know why bubbers are skimping on 407… time is money. Faster you get a client to the airport, faster you can get another fare.
Personally, I prefer the smooth fast roads of the 407, better for the vehicle suspension. But if Pax says they don't want the 407, then so be it, I get better fuel economy on the surface roads, so there is that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured out how to get more tips!!! Crybaby style:

One ride I told my pax exactly how much I will be making on the way to the airport (around $22 bucks) and he was surprised. Told pax that uber does not pay nowhere near like back in the dayz! Guess what, pax tipped $8 and I did not even ask for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always ask pax for shit

“Stop at convince store”: imma ask for food, drinks, smokes idgaf

No harm in asking worse they can say is no
One pax I had asked to stop at tims (1st time this happened). He went inside and service was slow. 15mins later he got what he needed. Given I was too new, I assumed the app will notice I was stopped and for how long and log those minutes as "charging customer for wait time". Boy was I wrong.
Next time pax does something like this .... they better be getting me breakfast on the house !!!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So now please take your head out of your ass order transponder as uber tells you u should have one and then shut up take the ride and uber pays u the toll automatically
And stop asking the pax for toll money
Given no traffic at 5am, pax also pays less $$ (i.e. no toll) so my default is no 407 unless pax tips me nice and fat! Usually 5 mins extra non-407 travel time don't hurt anybody!

Also, I would rather have $$$ in hand than add more tax write offs.

·
Premium Member
10,582 Posts
One pax I had asked to stop at tims (1st time this happened). He went inside and service was slow. 15mins later he got what he needed.
Thats where u complete trip & drive off.. you’ve got much to learn young one
Next time pax does something like this .... they better be getting me breakfast on the house !!!!!!!
Yup only time I’ll do drive thru is if pax willing to put a $10 cash bill in my hand or if they’re buying me food as well

I’ll order the most expensive shit… double Big Mac combo with supersized fries pls :)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Thats where u complete trip & drive off.. you’ve got much to learn young one

Yup only time I’ll do drive thru is if pax willing to put a $10 cash bill in my hand or if they’re buying me food as well

I’ll order the most expensive shit… double Big Mac combo with supersized fries pls :)
Thats not most expensive thats most bullshit overhyped shit there
Next time order chicken grilled blt or pounder I wish this still had the angus menu but you brokies can't even keep mcds from going bankrupt

·
Premium Member
10,582 Posts
Thats not most expensive thats most bullshit overhyped shit there
Next time order chicken grilled blt or pounder I wish this still had the angus menu but you brokies can't even keep mcds from going bankrupt
I like Big Mac sauce

Back in high school whenever I got lunch money I used to get McDouble dressed as a Mac 🤌🏾
Organism Font Photo caption Darkness Electric blue

That & jr chicken used to b under $5 perfect combo for poor school kid 🤌🏾

$5 on food

$5 to go half’s on a gram 👀

1 - 20 of 23 Posts