Uber Drivers Forum banner

I suspect cheap gas may be killing us.

999 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  DriverX 
#1 ·
Most of us get very excited at the thought of cheap gas. We're basically getting a raise. However cheap gas seems to have more people driving themselves around. Everything seems more crowded with cars, people seem to be giving less rides. I am thinking the low price of fuel has more people using their own car to get around.

Then again I am bored sitting in a parking lot contemplating everything. Please come back wonderful weekends of long rides and ever flowing pings!

#9 ·
Most of us get very excited at the thought of cheap gas. We're basically getting a raise. However cheap gas seems to have more people driving themselves around. Everything seems more crowded with cars, people seem to be giving less rides. I am thinking the low price of fuel has more people using their own car to get around.

Then again I am bored sitting in a parking lot contemplating everything. Please come back wonderful weekends of long rides and ever flowing pings!
I noticed that the uber pool just about cut in half the normal estimated charge to a rider going to the San Diego airport !! It's typically only $4 less from Encinitas.. This am it showed $22 for pool or $40!

This completely screws us as a partner.. Annoying that this seems to cater to the passengers .. I've never had a pool pick up request on the way..

#11 ·
Live in PB. Set alar for 4am. Check my phone for surge... No surge, hit snooze... Do this until 4:50 when I see a 2.4x I'm in the middle of with no other cars around but I can see them chasing the surge. I get a request 10 minutes away for 1.8. Don't accept. Then I got nothing and all the ants flooded on evaporating it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.