Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accepted this ping from cosmo his rating was 4.78.As soon as I get closer to rideshare pick up spot the rider started walking up to the car trying to open the door while I am still moving to park at pick up spot so he could get in. In his hand I saw he had this fat briefcase so I got out of the car and I opened the trunk .....I said to him sorry that had to go in the trunk .....he's like no I am bringing it into the car with me....I go I am sorry sir ...that goes in the trunk he agreed he put it in trunk . I didn't know if this guy had money or a gun in that briefcase . As soon as I tapped "start" he said ok I am going to tell you how to get to where I want to go...his final destination was some where East Pasco. The rider started telling me to go to the left stop at this lights...on and on .... he won't shut up ....the app showed 18 mins for me to get this guy to pasco. This was before 9am I pulled into IN & Out and told him sir I don't feel safe with you in my car and I have to let you out HERE....from here you can request another uber and get going . He told me he's a DR & offered me $20 bucks to keep driving I told him sorry and I got of the car and opened the car door for him and open the trunk and I told him get you briefcase .....he wasted no time to get his briefcase......he was in so much hurry to requested another uber he even cancelled the trip for me and guess what I received cancellation fee $3.75 .

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I accepted this ping from cosmo his rating was 4.78.As soon as I get closer to rideshare pick up spot the rider started walking up to the car trying to open the door while I am still moving to park at pick up spot so he could get in. In his hand I saw he had this fat briefcase so I got out of the car and I opened the trunk .....I said to him sorry that had to go in the trunk .....he's like no I am bringing it into the car with me....I go I am sorry sir ...that goes in the trunk he agreed he put it in trunk . I didn't know if this guy had money or a gun in that briefcase . As soon as I tapped "start" he said ok I am going to tell you how to get to where I want to go...his final destination was some where East Pasco. The rider started telling me to go to the left stop at this lights...on and on .... he won't shut up ....the app showed 18 mins for me to get this guy to pasco. This was before 9am I pulled into IN & Out and told him sir I don't feel safe with you in my car and I have to let you out HERE....from here you can request another uber and get going . He told me he's a DR & offered me $20 bucks to keep driving I told him sorry and I got of the car and opened the car door for him and open the trunk and I told him get you briefcase .....he wasted no time to get his briefcase......he was in so much hurry to requested another uber he even cancelled the trip for me and guess what I received cancellation fee $3.75 .
I'm thinking you Should Apply for Law Enforcement......keen personality traits ...picking up on human behavior...not everyone has this accuumane...

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's a pretty low bar for weirdness. This is Las Vegas, after all. If you can't handle just a little strangeness you're not going to last very long. I get weirder things than that in my breakfast cereal.

Tuesday when I took a chick in a flesh-colored body stocking and bright red clown shoes from Aliante down to HSH and she asked me to take surface streets the whole way because she's afraid of freeways -- That's just Vegas normal.

A few months ago when I was picking up at the MGM Towers and saw eight midgets get out of a taxi -- Again, Vegas normal.

That may not fly in an I-state (Iowa, Illinois, Iklahoma, etc...) but around these parts you just roll with it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That's a pretty low bar for weirdness. This is Las Vegas, after all. If you can't handle just a little strangeness you're not going to last very long. I get weirder things than that in my breakfast cereal.

Tuesday when I took a chick in a flesh-colored body stocking and bright red clown shoes from Aliante down to HSH and she asked me to take surface streets the whole way because she's afraid of freeways -- That's just Vegas normal.

A few months ago when I was picking up at the MGM Towers and saw eight midgets get out of a taxi -- Again, Vegas normal.

That may not fly in an I-state (Iowa, Illinois, Iklahoma, etc...) but around these parts you just roll with it.
Had it been aliante to say.. green valley ranch . Or anywhere clear cross town would you have obliged or say sorry freeway or another uber . If it were me would of been option 2 in a polite voice of course .

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did you instruct him as to how you wanted his exact posture to be while driving him?
"No BRIEFCASE in the car?? What are you? Allegient Airlines? Spirit? TSA??

Yeah... I had a guy take me to some weird "restricted area" and drop him at the guard shack in the middle of nowhere.... His pax name was something like "1755649887" middle aged white guy in a suit. Same thing... No destination (actually there was, the hotel he was staying at) told me to drive "towards Reno, you won't be leaving Clark County" and handed me a $50 when I asked him his dest.
Perfectly silent the whole trip. Deadhead all the way back...

Government weird is a special kind of weird indeed.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Did you instruct him as to how you wanted his exact posture to be while driving him?

Yeah... I had a guy take me to some weird "restricted area" and drop him at the guard shack in the middle of nowhere.... His pax name was something like "1755649887" middle aged white guy in a suit. Same thing... No destination (actually there was, the hotel he was staying at) told me to drive "towards Reno, you won't be leaving Clark County" and handed me a $50 when I asked him his dest.

Especially Henderson Government.....

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

There's this gov building in southwest black cameras everywhere even at the gate. No cars allowed in. You can't see inside. Contracts work in there. I dropped off one guy there last year another time a guy and a lady. There'r also 4 gov planes at airport they are parked closer to pvt planes......white planes with red lines and during the daytime you can see them taking off and landing everyday. They look like they can carry over 90 people.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There's this gov building in southwest black cameras everywhere even at the gate. No cars allowed in. You can't see inside. Contracts work in there. I dropped off one guy there last year another time a guy and a lady. There'r also 4 gov planes at airport they are parked closer to pvt planes......white planes with red lines and during the daytime you can see them taking off and landing everyday. They look like they can carry over 90 people.
I had a drop there one morning.. Off Decatur right? South of CC215

·
Banned
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
The big red and white planes are well known. JANET jets. It's the military's private commuter airline for getting contract workers from Vegas to Area 51 and similar places.

They were a total mystery until about 15 years ago when one crashed at the Tonopah Testing Range.

Every once in a while you'll see a job listing for stewardesses with classified clearance. That's JANET hiring.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.