Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I could have sworn, way back when, that there was a mandatory Uber training video
that explained that you are required by Uber and by the law to assist in loading
wheelchairs into the vehicle, if asked. It went to great pains to say that if the
rider does not ask for help, DO NOT touch their wheelchair or anything.
But if they said they needed help loading it, you had better damn well comply.
It included a tutorial on how the wheelchair folds up and showing you putting
it into your trunk.

Do they even have these required training videos anymore, or do they just
go ahead and activate people without making you watch them?
They weren't on Youtube -- it was registering that you played it.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I was hired in April 2015, and the only video I was directed to see was a very general one, covering the app basics, and recommending some stuff like texting but not calling your passenger ( I almost always do the opposite by the way)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could have sworn, way back when, that there was a mandatory Uber training video
that explained that you are required by Uber and by the law to assist in loading
wheelchairs into the vehicle, if asked. It went to great pains to say that if the
it into your trunk.

they can call the cops all they want to I ain't loading nothing for no Uber pax. Metro has a service that provides transportation for handicapped. So if you can't load your own crap you best be using that service. 3 hour pickup window i hear.

I hope you don't mean wheelchair. If it's a foldable one and the person is disabled, that's being a real Van Patten or Van ****.
i don't care what the item it. You want to bring it on the Uber trip, load it yourself. Real simple.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
it into your trunk.

Nah, now they only require that you watch the video explaining how great pool is, and how we should all provide pool riders with treats.

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
it into your trunk.

Went to E.M.T. school ,C.N.A.,1 1/2 YEARS L.P.N. school . . . I could train Uber trainers.

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
If I ever become a Lyft mentor,I might buy used wheel chair and make it part of the routine

My x G.F. just had foot surgery . . .
Past few weeks did more wheel chair in and out the trunk than many will ever do .

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
they can call the cops all they want to I ain't loading nothing for no Uber pax. Metro has a service that provides transportation for handicapped. So if you can't load your own crap you best be using that service. 3 hour pickup window i hear.

i don't care what the item it. You want to bring it on the Uber trip, load it yourself. Real simple.
Wow, just ... wow

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Yeah, sad stuff. Unhinged, really.
I'd beat the hell out of my kids if they ever acted like this...

I was at a school thing for my daughter, my 11 year old, gets up ran towards the door. I followed/chased, had no idea what he was doing. He saw a woman with a walker struggling with the door so he got up to open it for her. Then he helped her to a seat. 11 years old.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Your child deserves a hug for that one!

How we treat the truly handicapped says a lot about how we see ourselves and it bodes really well for your child being successful in careers and relationships. I teach my son the same, though he is much younger.

I'd beat the hell out of my kids if they ever acted like this...

I was at a school thing for my daughter, my 11 year old, gets up ran towards the door. I followed/chased, had no idea what he was doing. He saw a woman with a walker struggling with the door so he got up to open it for her. Then he helped her to a seat. 11 years old.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, you can't blame this on Uber, you have a moral defect.
what if i hurt myself while loading her chair?

Wow, just ... wow
UberASSIST is designed to connect seniors and people with disabilities to transportation providers who can give them additional assistance. With UberASSIST, top-rated driver-partners may obtain independent training from the Open Doors Organization to assist riders into vehicles and can accommodate folding wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters. UberASSIST is currently available in over 40 cities around the world.

Want to guess why she chose UberX instead of UberASSIST which costs $2.16/mile .42/minute?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts