Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm going to rent a car, it cost 480$ after gas Weekly.
Ist worthy if I work with uber x full time ?
I really need advice from you guys !
How much can I make weekly ?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Hi
I think renting a car for $480 per week to do Uber is absolutely NUTS.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi
At an average of $20/hr when its busy with a few low surge rides, you'd need to work 24 hours a week just to pay the car. Lets say there are approx 6 busy hours a day plus 9-2am fri/sat that's 52 busy hours a week. Now when its not busy you can make as low as $5-12/hr. You'd prob be making $500-600/wk in 50-60 hours or more. That works out to about $10/hr and gas will prob be double what you expect with that amount of driving, so even less. You can make more with incentives or a lot of surging but the incentives/summer kill the surge and you may not get one every week.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hi
From which car rental program? Bama, Breeze, UberXchange, Enterprise (is that even available in Boston?).

And how do you even estimate the gas cost when you don't know your mileage yet. Is it a hybrid?

I think Breeze offered me back in February at an info session a rental for $195 weekly with only 600 miles allowed weekly. If one accepted a certain number of Lyft rides, then $169 weekly plus those restricted miles.

Your plan seems even worse than the Breeze model. Is it unlimited miles and basic route maintenance? Opt out with flexibility?

·
Registered
379 Posts
From which car rental program? Bama, Breeze, UberXchange, Enterprise (is that even available in Boston?).

And how do you even estimate the gas cost when you don't know your mileage yet. Is it a hybrid?

I think Breeze offered me back in February at an info session a rental for $195 weekly with only 600 miles allowed weekly. If one accepted a certain number of Lyft rides, then $169 weekly plus those restricted miles.

Your plan seems even worse than the Breeze model. Is it unlimited miles and basic route maintenance? Opt out with flexibility?
Do people even learn to do math?

$195 a week is ~$10K per year. You can BUY a semi-decent used car for $15K, and even get into a higher end, low-mileage, couple years used for $20K

Even some of the rip off loans you will get from the dealers who "get anyone financing" you can get into most vehicles for with small down payment for under $200/month.

It is a lot more economic to have to clear $50/week to start earning than $195

Once you set foot on the Uber Plantation, you best set your mind to working. If you are going to pursue this folly, be a contractor, not a masochist / Share Cropper

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Hi
Don't do it. It is very unpredictable business. You can't be sure to make certain money on weekly basis. There is about six good month out of year for this business. If you are spending $500 a week why don't you lease cab. It will cost you less and you make more money. Only thing you have to buy your own used car. There is new drivers every day on a uber platform and unlike cab there is no cap on number of uber cars. If you want my honest opinion driving for uber will net you a minimum wage job about $12 to $14 an hour after all the expense and deduction. Now the only advantage you have is the freedom to make your own hours. But do you really want to have full time job making minimum wage in Boston? I think the answer is no. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im maoing
Don't do it. It is very unpredictable business. You can't be sure to make certain money on weekly basis. There is about six good month out of year for this business. If you are spending $500 a week why don't you lease cab. It will cost you less and you make more money. Only thing you have to buy your own used car. There is new drivers every day on a uber platform and unlike cab there is no cap on number of uber cars. If you want my honest opinion driving for uber will net you a minimum wage job about $12 to $14 an hour after all the expense and deduction. Now the only advantage you have is the freedom to make your own hours. But do you really want to have full time job making minimum wage in Boston? I think the answer is no. Good luck.
Im making $ 31 hour, very busy here in Boston

1 - 15 of 15 Posts