Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently signed up for uber & im all ready to go but i dont know if i should even start driving.
i have a part time job, just looking for something to supplement my income.

ive been reading the forum for a few weeks & i see a lot of negatives.
now im just scared lol

any advice or input??

id appreciate anything, really :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i just recently signed up for uber & im all ready to go but i dont know if i should even start driving.
i have a part time job, just looking for something to supplement my income.

ive been reading the forum for a few weeks & i see a lot of negatives.
now im just scared lol

any advice or input??

id appreciate anything, really :)
Try it for yourself. See if you like it. Great thing about Uber is you can just stop doing it whenever you want. This forum is used for a lot of venting. Nothing wrong with that, it has to get out, but form your own opinion.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Driving part time is a different beast than full-time.

If possible, try to join Lyft also. It will open up more opportunities for rides.

Avoid driving UberPOOL and LyftLINE at all possible.

Surge is pretty much non-existent now a days but if you are able to find a spot, milk it for all you can. But NEVER chase the surge.

Use the rider app for positioning. This will be your best friend for getting pings.

For Uber, the objective is to hit at least 35 rides to get a decent incentive. With Lyft, it's about knowing what spots will get you a nice ride and repeat. If you can get this down, you shouldn't have a problem making some extra change part time. Take advantage of incentives and hourly guarantees.

Don't particularly pay too much attention to ratings and stuff like that. No matter what you do, you'll never please everyone. Don't worry about snacks and stuff like that. Focus on getting pax from point A to point B safely and just be cordial. Everything else will sort itself out.

And like Geepney said, you've already got a head start by finding this forum before driving. You'll find some useful info on here once you filter out the other BS.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
99% of your experiences are going to be fine. That vast majority doesn't really get discussed here. We tend to focus on that 1% of idiot passengers who cause issues. Don't let it scare you. Just pick an area you're comfortable with and go drive. Once you get a few rides under your belt you'll be fine. We complain and we complain but we still drive. That speaks volumes.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hello diana. I would recommend trying to hit 25-45 rides a week. It shouldn't be too difficult to do part time. You really do not want to be driving for the base rate. At silver or gold status your earnings will look a little healtheir :D

As far as the job goes, it's super easy and it really comes down to your own attitude. If you're friendly to the passengers they'll reciprocate. You'll meet a lot of interesting people and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
In the beginning I started with area that I was most comfortable with. Take your time. Once you drop off and if you feel comfortable, pull over and park. Wait for the next ping. I wasted a lot of time, miles and gas driving around for the next ping. If the GPS tells you to pick up in alley behind the address. Disregard. 99% of the time it's because the passenger is in the back of the house or apartment building when they requested the Uber. Trust the address. Unless they specifically ask you to pick them up in the back via text/call. If you do pool rides then remember you only need to wait 2 minutes for them from the time that you arrive. Especially if you already have a passenger with you. You'll be great. Start small and work your way up. Good luck! And always stay calm. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts