Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now IAH is surging, 6 cars in queue. Lol. And I got timed out for not accepting pings from there. I'm miles away! And I still don't have HAS sticker!

·
Registered
286 Posts
FAKE SURGES ALL DAY ! I WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.... NOT 1 PING
Surges definitely were not fake. You just got to be smart and know how to work the surge. Turn off the app and wait for the surge to reach it highest before you turn on the app. Doing this will get you the highest possible surge and maximize your profits even if the trip turn out to be short distance. Why take less when you can get more. I cancelled six (all 6x+) surge trips in a row because they were all short distances. Got put on time out twice before I accepted that long trip. Luckily, the pax work company is paying for that trip so I don't have to worry about fare dispute and even got a 5-star rating afterward.

Map Product Rectangle Azure World Font Screenshot Number Circle Document Map Rectangle Slope Font World Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
179 Posts
You're the Kool-Aid drinking master... If only these newbies would listen to your advice they would become a master... Too bad they choose not to listen...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Surges definitely were not fake. You just got to be smart and know how to work the surge. Turn off the app and wait for the surge to reach it highest before you turn on the app. Doing this will get you the highest possible surge and maximize your profits even if the trip turn out to be short distance. Why take less when you can get more. I cancelled six (all 6x+) surge trips in a row because they were all short distances. Got put on time out twice before I accepted that long trip. Luckily, the pax work company is paying for that trip so I don't have to worry about fare dispute and even got a 5-star rating afterward.

View attachment 103756 View attachment 103758 View attachment 103762 View attachment 103757
Well done! Must be all the kool aid!

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I still want to know how you know if a trip is short or long before you slide the start trip button!
On my Android I just can see it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You're the Kool-Aid drinking master... If only these newbies would listen to your advice they would become a master... Too bad they choose not to listen...
That's why y'all should spread out the advice as much as possible so they'll know. Not everyone will do it but if just half the drivers in the area do it then it will be good enough.
So I still want to know how you know if a trip is short or long before you slide the start trip button!
On my Android I just can see it.
Do you get in trouble for all them canceled trips?
Yes, you will get in trouble if you cancelled as many as I do so I don't recommend doing it. My whole point is to let surge go as high as possible before turning on the app so you can get the most profits. This will greatly benefit everybody....not just me only.
You call each ping for destination, then cancel?
Damm right!!
He's playing it very right! Uber scares you with too many cancellation
No because most pax will lie and trick you by giving fake addresses so you'll go pick them up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
And now IAH is surging, 6 cars in queue. Lol. And I got timed out for not accepting pings from there. I'm miles away! And I still don't have HAS sticker!
I had this happen to me during the NCAA championship. I on fm 1960 and got to pings from the airport and I did not accept them and on the third on I did so I did not get knocked off for 20 minutes. I did get wrote up but the inspector keeped telling several times to go Monday and get my Permit, but never gave me a ticket, so I took that as a hint that he gave me a warning. So I went and got my permit first thing Monday in case I got a ping from the airport.

·
Registered
257 Posts

View attachment 103756 View attachment 103758 View attachment 103762 View attachment 103757
Im curious why where you accepting the pings, if you were canceling immediately after??
Why dont you let them roll if you were looking for high surge?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts

Thanks for the post now everyone will be there

1 - 20 of 34 Posts