Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
true story. I can make $100-$120 in NJ from 11am-6pm vs NYC where I make $70-$80

Only difference is I'm putting more miles on the car. It's getting ridiculous the amount of cars that are in NYC. I'm honestly thinking about returning back to NJ. Those are the hours I can drive and i rarely drive on weekends. The airports are 2 hour waits, manhatten is at a stand still with so many cars. U literally have to be on top of the request to get a ping

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, I like the extra money to just quit it all together

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
true story. I can make $100-$120 in NJ from 11am-6pm vs NYC where I make $70-$80

Only difference is I'm putting more miles on the car. It's getting ridiculous the amount of cars that are in NYC. I'm honestly thinking about returning back to NJ. Those are the hours I can drive and i rarely drive on weekends. The airports are 2 hour waits, manhatten is at a stand still with so many cars. U literally have to be on top of the request to get a ping

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, I like the extra money to just quit it all together
Rates are double in nyc, how do you make more money in nj? Please give us logical answer. With .87 per mile and 16 pennies a minute. Whereas in nyc it is 35 c per minute. Even if you stand still in nyc, you will make double.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rates are double in nyc, how do you make more money in nj? Please give us logical answer. With .87 per mile and 16 pennies a minute. Whereas in nyc it is 35 c per minute. Even if you stand still in nyc, you will make double.
U don't make money standing still. Yes the rates are doubled and the drivers are quadrupled. I'm doing 1 ride an hour in NYC, usually it's a mile or 2 at minimum fare which is $8. Granted that working nights and early morning u make more, but the times I could work (11am-6pm) there is nada in NYC. At the end of the day, it's your weekly invoice that matters.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
U don't make money standing still. Yes the rates are doubled and the drivers are quadrupled. I'm doing 1 ride an hour in NYC, usually it's a mile or 2 at minimum fare which is $8. Granted that working nights and early morning u make more, but the times I could work (11am-6pm) there is nada in NYC. At the end of the day, it's your weekly invoice that matters.
Try Jersey shore :)

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and I am thinking to get the TLC smh...
It's only worth it if u can put in 12 hour days, work early mornings and nights. If u have another job like I do, it's not worth it anymore. Last year I made 40k driving with uber/lyft driving Monday-Friday from 11am till 6pm. At this rate, I'm not making half of that this year

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Every year, you are 5000 in the hole for insurance. That's just to start.

Secondly, rides are much, much shorter in New York.

Personally, I think the sweet spot for NYC would be working Staten Island.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I agree. The public transit there sucks and you should get fares into the city or to any of the airports more often if you know where to work.

As an added bonus Staten Islanders are generally not cheap, and will be more likely to tip than those in the other 4 boroughs. Only problem is there's a lot less of them so it might be slower between requests.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Every year, you are 5000 in the hole for insurance. That's just to start.

Secondly, rides are much, much shorter in New York.

Personally, I think the sweet spot for NYC would be working Staten Island.
Yup I used Uber as a pax in SI. Not enough cars there. This was near the ferry terminal.

It's basically jersey with NYC rates.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts