Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I have been getting emails with guarantees for $18 an hour gross, which I uploaded. I will brake this down.
$18 gross an hour guarantee means net $10. $18 - 20% is 14.4 - SRF = 13.4. Per hour driving you have like 10 miles, so if your car's mileage is 20 city driving that is another dollar and a half and you have half of the mileage cost as a maintenance cost, so that is about $11(13.4 - 1.5gas - 0.7maintenance = $11.2) without the car depreciation. Then, because you are stupid, you bought a brand new Camry, which will cost about $22000 and after 3 years of Uber, providing you dont have accidents or your insurance pays for them, your car will cost about $11000, because of the 250 000 miles on it. So you have 3600 a year depreciation which means $300 a month. Or 10 a day or another $1 - 1.5 an hour, because you dont work 10 hours a day 365 days a year. We have the magic number of $11.2 - $1.5 , because you have insurance as well, which is about $100 a month, $3.3 a day 0.33 cents an hour.So basically you make less than $10 an hour with the guaranteee or $9.8 an hour to be exact. And that is without the taxes you need to pay and provided you dont get into an accident for the miles you spend on the road every day. If you get into an accident and your insurance company finds out about your ridesharing endeavours, lube your hole, bend and get penetrated deep, because you are ****ed. That is $9.8 an hour, before taxes, doing a risky job working the hours other people are having fun or are sleeping. I havent done it in a month now, may do it some day again. Sorry for my bad english. This is in Chicago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Sooo, I have been getting emails with guarantees for $18 an hour gross, which I uploaded. I will brake this down.
$18 gross an hour guarantee means net $10. $18 - 20% is 14.4 - SRF = 13.4. Per hour driving you have like 10 miles, so if your car's mileage is 20 city driving that is another dollar and a half and you have half of the mileage cost as a maintenance cost, so that is about $11(13.4 - 1.5gas - 0.7maintenance = $11.2) without the car depreciation. Then, because you are stupid, you bought a brand new Camry, which will cost about $22000 and after 3 years of Uber, providing you dont have accidents or your insurance pays for them, your car will cost about $11000, because of the 250 000 miles on it. So you have 3600 a year depreciation which means $300 a month. Or 10 a day or another $1 - 1.5 an hour, because you dont work 10 hours a day 365 days a year. We have the magic number of $11.2 - $1.5 , because you have insurance as well, which is about $100 a month, $3.3 a day 0.33 cents an hour.So basically you make less than $10 an hour with the guaranteee or $9.8 an hour to be exact. And that is without the taxes you need to pay and provided you dont get into an accident for the miles you spend on the road every day. If you get into an accident and your insurance company finds out about your ridesharing endeavours, lube your hole, bend and get penetrated deep, because you are ****ed. That is $9.8 an hour, before taxes, doing a risky job working the hours other people are having fun or are sleeping. I havent done it in a month now, may do it some day again. Sorry for my bad english. This is in Chicago.
I'd say your calculations are optimistic and your true turning to be closer to five or six bucks an hour after maintenance and everything was factored in. but I would say this is more true for uberx

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I thought the guarantee was give one ride an hour or all four in the first hour and then go somewhere you're guaranteed NOT to get a ping and Goober picks up the rest, as long as you stay on line.

That's the way some of the drivers were "gaming" the system, I thought. So if you're only giving 4 rides in a 4hr span, that's not to bad, I guess?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
If you are able to do one ride an hour and then hide, you are doing ok. The problem is when you hide and get a ping 20 miles away, you have to accept it. So here's what happens (OP's math slightly off)

1 ride hour = 18.00 - 1.00 srf = 17.00 -3.40 (20%) = 13.60 per hour before your expenses
2 rides/hour=18.00 - 2.00 srf= 16.00-3.20 (20%) = 12.80 per hour ...

So bottom line, you get royally screwed the more work you do get unless you can find an absolute great dead spot.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Your first calculation is just a bit off, but $0.20 doesn't change your very good point.

First, deduct the SRF (18-1=17) then deduct the 20% (17-3.4=13.60), so you start with $13.60, not $13.40.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are able to do one ride an hour and then hide, you are doing ok. The problem is when you hide and get a ping 20 miles away, you have to accept it. So here's what happens (OP's math slightly off)

1 ride hour = 18.00 - 1.00 srf = 17.00 -3.40 (20%) = 13.60 per hour before your expenses
2 rides/hour=18.00 - 2.00 srf= 16.00-3.20 (20%) = 12.80 per hour ...

So bottom line, you get royally screwed the more work you do get unless you can find an absolute great dead spot.
There are however some requirements.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
There are however some requirements.
Of course, that's why you have to take the call that's 20 minutes away, you need the acceptance rate.

I love the 1.5 rides an hour. That sucks. Also, is their a minimum rating you have to have, that's a great way to not guarantee you for a shift when you get one low rating. Welcome to Uber, pass the lube please!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts