Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I posted about how I was suspended two days for too many cancellations.

It's been nearly a month...I'm very careful about when I log-on now. I know for a fact that I've dramatically reduced my total amount of cancels. However, I'm still getting text notifications alerting me that my cancellations are too high. I fear that my account will get deactivated at any moment, despite my sincere effort to change.

Uber has me in a position where I'm bullied into accepting every request. When I was suspended, I was notified that too many cancellations means I may be permanently deactivated from the system.

Anyways, it's not like I'll be losing much...

Here's a story about my latest trip:

Strong-armed into never cancelling....I accepted a request that was nearly 1.5 miles away. I fought through 12 minutes of traffic just to the pick-up. Pax gets in, takes me down a bumpy alley filled with pot-holes (thanks) around a corner, and that was the end of the trip. I made a whopping $2.62...yep, that's two dollars and sixty two cents.

I drove 1.5 miles, put my car at risk, and wasted 15 minutes of my life to earn $2.62.

Ya know...maybe Uber would be doing me a FAVOR by deactivating me...

·
Registered
85 Posts
On monday night I had three trips under 3$. Between them I was driving empty for about 10-15 minutes. I stopped driving. I have thousands or trips, I know the city well, I keep my car clean at all times. I am a professional driver. My car is a Toyota Camry XLE, which basically means that it is loaded. Uber lost a good driver. They dont give a ****. At least Uber motivated me to change stuff, because I dont want to spend my life working for a gypsy ass company like that one. Uber on !
P.S This is the answer I recieved on how many cancellations I have
"
Hi V,

Sorry for the confusion; this issue was escalated to my team.

Per your partner agreement with Uber, Uber reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict your access to the partners app when it causes harm to the brand or reputation.

Uber does not share specific cancellation policies at this time. Your cancellation rate was significantly above those of your peers.
Best"

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On monday night I had three trips under 3$. Between them I was driving empty for about 10-15 minutes. I stopped driving. I have thousands or trips, I know the city well, I keep my car clean at all times. I am a professional driver. My car is a Toyota Camry XLE, which basically means that it is loaded. Uber lost a good driver. They dont give a ****. At least Uber motivated me to change stuff, because I dont want to spend my life working for a gypsy ass company like that one. Uber on !
P.S This is the answer I recieved on how many cancellations I have
"
Hi V,

Sorry for the confusion; this issue was escalated to my team.

Per your partner agreement with Uber, Uber reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict your access to the partners app when it causes harm to the brand or reputation.

Uber does not share specific cancellation policies at this time. Your cancellation rate was significantly above those of your peers.
Best"
You're right, they don't give a %&*#

They act like they care (thank you emails, x-mas cards, rewards, etc), but it's all automated BS and really it's just propaganda to make you feel like you're a part of something.

It's too bad they lost a good driver like you.

I've been driving with Uber for 15 months - I have a 4.77 rating on literally thousands of trips. But none of that matters. I'm always going to be treated like a number. It's frustrating to feel like a piss-ant, but that's exactly what I am to Uber.

They lost you, and they're soon to lose another one...!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I imagine if someone stabs you and you die they will email you "I am sorry that you had that experience and you are dead. Uber values your partnership and will do everything possible to resolve this issue. Uber takes stabing drivers very seriously. Uber on!" I had a couple of issues with people smoking weed in my car without asking or racists. No one gives a shit. I have never had an issue resolved by a CSR. Only automated bullshit. I am about to email them about an car accident I was involved in and what to do with insurance. Just interested in their answer.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Recently I posted about how I was suspended two days for too many cancellations.

It's been nearly a month...I'm very careful about when I log-on now. I know for a fact that I've dramatically reduced my total amount of cancels. However, I'm still getting text notifications alerting me that my cancellations are too high. I fear that my account will get deactivated at any moment, despite my sincere effort to change.

Uber has me in a position where I'm bullied into accepting every request. When I was suspended, I was notified that too many cancellations means I may be permanently deactivated from the system.

Anyways, it's not like I'll be losing much...

Here's a story about my latest trip:

Strong-armed into never cancelling....I accepted a request that was nearly 1.5 miles away. I fought through 12 minutes of traffic just to the pick-up. Pax gets in, takes me down a bumpy alley filled with pot-holes (thanks) around a corner, and that was the end of the trip. I made a whopping $2.62...yep, that's two dollars and sixty two cents.

I drove 1.5 miles, put my car at risk, and wasted 15 minutes of my life to earn $2.62.

Ya know...maybe Uber would be doing me a FAVOR by deactivating me...
I've flat-out told passengers that I don't do alleys (and nobody should). I will also take their preferred route but that does not mean a full mile down a residentual street with 16 speed bumps, 25 additional and unnecessary brakings and 12 of those interesection barriers to maneuver around. They can do that in their own car or on a bike. They can also slap a $20 bill on the front seat if they want to save 2.2 minutes to put all that excess wear and tear on MY car.

On average I've plugged a tire every 6 weeks in Chicago. This does not count the tire that lost all pressure within 2 minutes downtown last winter. The inner sidewall was slashed from something. Not to mention the high risk of being ambushed in an alley in places like Uptown.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My last 3 rides, today/last night went like this.
Cancellation in route to 10 E Roosevelt at Whirlyball.
Sat in parking lot for dinner
Updated my app.

Pick up at North and Mannheim at Score Strip Club.
Drop of at Pheasant Run Resort way out west $24.55

Pick up in Roselle about 9 miles away.
Drop off at O'hare Airport $21.03

Midnight started with a $4.14 run and a$ 2.49 run at 12:38am

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Since this is in Chicago, City Forum, I'll post it here instead of setting up a new line.

Cirque du Soleil is at the United Center ALL MONTH LONG. It lets out at 10pm. Be there for the surge.

I planned it out, but when I got there at 930pm to wait it out, the ping I got went to 70th and King drive. A good ride, but missed the surge because I spent the next 2 hours Way south.
Worked my way up to Lakeview for a couple of short runs. 2am I was on my way home when I got a call out to Villa Park.

Cubs/Sox games, check the schedule for best times to be near the park(s)

Other concerts:

YES Northerly Island 10pm 8/16
Billy Joel United Center 10pm 8/27
Madonna United Center 10pm 9/28
the Who United Center 10pm 10/15
Jethro Tull at Chicago Theater 11/1

These are my best guess times to catch a surge when the shows let out...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since this is in Chicago, City Forum, I'll post it here instead of setting up a new line.

Cirque du Soleil is at the United Center ALL MONTH LONG. It lets out at 10pm. Be there for the surge.

I planned it out, but when I got there at 930pm to wait it out, the ping I got went to 70th and King drive. A good ride, but missed the surge because I spent the next 2 hours Way south.
Worked my way up to Lakeview for a couple of short runs. 2am I was on my way home when I got a call out to Villa Park.

Cubs/Sox games, check the schedule for best times to be near the park(s)

Other concerts:

YES Northerly Island 10pm 8/16
Billy Joel United Center 10pm 8/27
Madonna United Center 10pm 9/28
the Who United Center 10pm 10/15
Jethro Tull at Chicago Theater 11/1

These are my best guess times to catch a surge when the shows let out...

Good Luck!
Good info about Cirque... Thanks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Uber has me in a position where I'm bullied into accepting every request
Don't cancel. Accept the ride but make no effort to pick up the rider. Make the rider cancel on you. They can't rate you when they cancel. It won't show up against you. Who's to say that you're not stuck in traffic? Use Uber's bullshit system to your advantage.

As Uber begins to feel the affect of more and more experienced drivers leaving, they are stuck trying to force their drivers to go farther to complete the rides. They probably won't permanently deactivate you. They'll cut you off for a few days to try to get one of their little sheep back in line.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do not work after events ! Traffic is shit and what if someone requests you when it is not surging ? You will cancel ? How many times are you going to cancel ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't cancel. Accept the ride but make no effort to pick up the rider. Make the rider cancel on you. They can't rate you when they cancel. It won't show up against you. Who's to say that you're not stuck in traffic? Use Uber's bullshit system to your advantage.

As Uber begins to feel the affect of more and more experienced drivers leaving, they are stuck trying to force their drivers to go farther to complete the rides. They probably won't permanently deactivate you. They'll cut you off for a few days to try to get one of their little sheep back in line.
I like this. Might use it.

But, what do you say if the rider doesn't cancel and instead calls you to find out where you're at...just lie and say you're stuck in traffic??

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
But, what do you say if the rider doesn't cancel and instead calls you to find out where you're at...just lie and say you're stuck in traffic??
Don't answer the phone. Or maybe answer the phone in a made up foreign language. Frustrate the passenger into cancelling on you. Another game is to keep saying hello like you can't hear them. Another idea would be to keep repeating "thirty minutes....thirty minutes" do this in your best foreign / broken English voice as possible....Think Abu from the Quickie Mart. **** Uber, have fun with it. If you are constantly getting sucked into driving 15 minutes to pick up minimum fares, you are basically working for free, so if they catch on and fire you, they are doing you a favor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts