Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a ping from 4.62 for 52 minutes south of Paramus. I decline.

Barely a minute later...same request again!

I'm trying to keep my acceptance rate up to see time/distance and Fuber screws me by giving me same request twice!

Second time I accept and cancel, but I put unaccompanied minor.

Screw them.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Get a ping from 4.62 for 52 minutes south of Paramus. I decline.

Barely a minute later...same request again!

I'm trying to keep my acceptance rate up to see time/distance and Fuber screws me by giving me same request twice!

Second time I accept and cancel, but I put unaccompanied minor.

Screw them.
You lied. They don't send unaccompanied minors into Manhattan.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You lied. They don't send unaccompanied minors into Manhattan.
Who cares?

Unbelievably, it happened to me again. I turned off the app and tried to get a Lyft ride for about 25 minutes and didn't get one. I turned the Uber app on again and the same exact person requested a ride for me. Obviously, no one wants the ride because of their rating and where they are going. I'm guessing it could be Brooklyn.

I declined and drove off this time. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Uber Pro is to force most drivers into taking crap pings because they are afraid to lose time and distance. Uber Pro is NOT to benefit drivers, it's to force them to take low rated, 20 minutes out, Walmart, grocery stores, high crime area, and whatever other garbage they throw at you. It's to get drivers to accept pings that everyone else laughed at.

I'm guessing it could be Brooklyn.
Oh yeah, and unprofitable waste of time rides into NYC.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uber Pro is to force most drivers into taking crap pings because they are afraid to lose time and distance. Uber Pro is NOT to benefit drivers, it's to force them to take low rated, 20 minutes out, Walmart, grocery stores, high crime area, and whatever other garbage they throw at you. It's to get drivers to accept pings that everyone else laughed at.
Except that my experience has been the opposite. I get to leave the crap rides to everybody else. I utilize the information they give me, my ability to decline and to cancel to my advantage. And if they ever decide to crack down on drivers with lower ratings and hideous cancelation rates, I won't be the one being deactivated.

On another note, yesterday I had a really nice day and today has so far been for crap. In addition to the problem I referenced above, I just had a no car seat situation.

2 women come out with an infant in a carrier and I tell her that is not a proper car seat. She gives the look like it is and I say no it needs the base and has to be buckled in, etc. She cancels and I get the fee. I thought I had it set to stop requests, but I did not. Of course, she pings me again and immediately cancels. So she basically helped my acceptance rate stay high. LOL.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Except that my experience has been the opposite. I get to leave the crap rides to everybody else. I utilize the information they give me, my ability to decline and to cancel to my advantage. And if they ever decide to crack down on drivers with lower ratings and hideous cancelation rates, I won't be the one being deactivated.

On another note, yesterday I had a really nice day and today has so far been for crap. In addition to the problem I referenced above, I just had a no car seat situation.

2 women come out with an infant in a carrier and I tell her that is not a proper car seat. She gives the look like it is and I say no it needs the base and has to be buckled in, etc. She cancels and I get the fee. I thought I had it set to stop requests, but I did not. Of course, she pings me again and immediately cancels. So she basically helped my acceptance rate stay high. LOL.
Yup yup, to each his own... do what works for you. There isn't ONE right strategy.

Ugh, the dreaded car seat drama... I once said, "You don't need a car seat, we'll just put him in the trunk." LOL

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup yup, to each his own... do what works for you. There isn't ONE right strategy.
Never said there was. I just think there's a lot of cynicism here - and I get it - but from my perspective, I'm happy to take the 6% extra on my fares and the other Diamond perks. It's better than not having them.

·
Premium Member
11,696 Posts

Ugh, the dreaded car seat drama... I once said, "You don't need a car seat, we'll just put him in the trunk." LOL
Nah. Gotta leave room in case the second Poo rider has luggage. Strap the kid to the roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.