Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the weather was not so great, most people were running behind, and someone dinged me? I went from a 5 star gold driver to a 4.97. My question is did that happen tonight or is it on a day lag?

I had some good looking chick that didn't speak any English have me take her down this long, windy, crowded country road to a concert. I was so horrified. I was glad to see another Uber light and asked the other driver for advice on continuing forward. He was helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see what happened now. Someone sabotaged me with a 1 star. 128 5 stars and 1 1 star. I almost didn't think it was real for the longest time. I was like no way. Sure enough, when I'm just working to be nice to people that's what happens. Go figure.

Same thing happened with deliveries. I just figured out how to read all of that stuff. 96% and one person gave me a thumbs down all else thumbs up. So weird.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Sounds like you are new at this. Don’t sweat it when it comes to driver ratings or your acceptance ratio. Statistically you simply cannot estimate everyone’s needs and you will get this occasionally.

I have over 11,000 rides and am at 5.00 right now. Usually I fluctuate between 4.97 and 4.99.........

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you so much for the confidence booster. That's what I was hoping. I thought about it, and I can just smooth it out with just sheer numbers. 11000 rides very impressive by the way. There's no way I'm going to get along with every single person I get in my car whether everything goes completely smooth or not or every ride is just going to go absolutely perfect I agree. I think I'm at a paltry 218 rides at the moment.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
What ANT said. There will always be people who don't give you a legitimate rating. Just be happy if they don't lie to Uber to try to get a free trip.

Also, a 4.97 rating is better than a 5.0. At least it certainly is when you're looking at passenger ratings. That 5.0 may be brand new (just like in your case as a driver). Brand new riders are a wild card, they can be unpredictable. Or they can be someone who got thrown off the app for bad behavior, and signed up again using a different credit card.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What ANT said. There will always be people who don't give you a legitimate rating. Just be happy if they don't lie to Uber to try to get a free trip.

Also, a 4.97 rating is better than a 5.0. At least it certainly is when you're looking at passenger ratings. That 5.0 may be brand new (just like in your case as a driver). Brand new riders are a wild card, they can be unpredictable. Or they can be someone who got thrown off the app for bad behavior, and signed up again using a different credit card.
Good to know.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I also don’t care for 5.00 rated pax either.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Chances are they one starred you for a free trip. It’s happened to me a lot, especially during high surges.
Are you kidding? They've taught people that if they give a one star, they can get a free trip? Like these customer surveys aren't cockeyed enough, At my day job, someone gave the salesman a one star. GM called him to find out what went wrong. "Nothing, the guy was great, but usually the manufacturer gives me something free when I complain."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you kidding? They've taught people that if they give a one star, they can get a free trip? Like these customer surveys aren't cockeyed enough, At my day job, someone gave the salesman a one star. GM called him to find out what went wrong. "Nothing, the guy was great, but usually the manufacturer gives me something free when I complain."
I've done car sales. I had a guy blow up my chance for a dealership local bonus right off the bat, so he could get in front of the GM for personal attention from him like he was a VIP. He bought an old jalopy, but he wanted new car customer coddling. I hear you. Oh, he said I was awesome, but gave me a terrible rating. He said we didn't have a good process which is the only thing in car sales. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts